Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserbee 2.5watt LPM review

Hello.
I recently purchased and received my laserbee 2.5watt lpm.

i placed an order on a monday and received it on a friday. If i remember correctly i ordered it in the morning and it shipped on the same day.

I am not posting pics because this thread http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/review-laserbee-2-5w-usb-lpm-61928.html has pix and vid and i see it resembles my unit.

one thing i read in the above review is that it seemed to be a slight issue waiting for the meter to zero out between tests. I do not find this to be an issue. and after several tests of the same laser you can start and stop with out zeroing out and the readings are always within an mw or 2.

the main thing i would say to a future buyer is to READ the directions in its entirety. i am horrible at this and had to start over a couple times. but if you follow the directions it works like a champ.

the user interface is awesome and the data logging is super easy to use.
i don't know what else to say, but if you have any questions feel free to post or pm me.

michael.

Nice simple review... Mine needs to hurry up and get here already!!! :banghead:

make sure you follow the directions. i am not the most computer literat person so i had a little trouble. but even with my wasted time it still took less that 10mns.

michael.

Im pretty good with computers. But what is so hard about installing a program? What is there that is special that you have to do?
make sure you follow the directions. i am not the most computer literat person so i had a little trouble. but even with my wasted time it still took less that 10mns.

michael.

I think your in the wrong thread dude. That made no sense...
Don't waste your $$ on high power 635. Rather go for a 300mw+ single mode 660. 635's are more like bright torches than lasers due do the horrible square beam. I'm sure those 635's with good beam quality are really expensive due to corrective optics.

blrock

Should have been in the "Max output for 635 thread." My Monday morning coffee hasn't quite kicked in yet...

Good condensed quick review Michael...:gj:
Glad you're happy with your LaserBee 2.5W USB LPM...
If you have ANY issues just contact me...

Jerry

No issues, other than my own computer illiteracy LoL...

@bhwollen. the only thing out of the ordinary is when you plug in your laserbee USB for the first time DO NOT have the thermopile plugged into the laserbee USB.

michael.