Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser zippo lighter

Every time I see this thing it makes me want to try building one. Nice work again rog.

--John

Jorad

Just about to take on this awesome project! A buddy of mine just provided me with the aluminum heat-sync outlined in this build. Now all I need to do is find a reliable diode salesperson. I was hoping to find someone on these forums who are selling so I can get a driver, diode, module and test load from the same place. I was looking at StoneTek but it seems as he is currently going through a rough time. Any suggestions from anyone would help me out a bunch.

EDIT: Also will post pics of the piece as soon as I get to a camera.

Just about to take on this awesome project! A buddy of mine just provided me with the aluminum heat-sync outlined in this build. Now all I need to do is find a reliable diode salesperson. I was hoping to find someone on these forums who are selling so I can get a driver, diode, module and test load from the same place. I was looking at StoneTek but it seems as he is currently going through a rough time. Any suggestions from anyone would help me out a bunch.

EDIT: Also will post pics of the piece as soon as I get to a camera.

hightechdealz.com or modwerx.com are 2 great sources

Jorad

Awesome Thanks a lot for the help. I'll make a build Thread so I can show all the progress once I get all the parts

EDIT: Is the Driver at MODWERX a rkcstr driver... there are size restrictions to take into account

Last edited:
No problem, im excited to see your build come together =]

Yes, it is a rkcstr driver, its pretty small but if your looking for something smaller contact Dr. Lava. He sells drivers that can fit in pen hosts.
Here is the link to his website: http://hacylon.case.edu/ebay/laser_diode/Micro_FlexDrive.php

If you want to find out more, read the stickies attached in the tutorial section and/or use the search button.

Good luck with your project =]
and welcome to the forum =]

Jorad

There's better batteries to use: two of these would be far better, giving the option of 7.2v @ 180-200mAh or 3.7v @ 360-400mAh depending on parallel or series.
:) just my $.02
and i want one of dem laser lighters. I must has it.
I think I'll use those in my build. Would you be able to point me in the direction as to which charger you would use for those?

I think I'll use those in my build. Would you be able to point me in the direction as to which charger you would use for those?

Well, I use the charger from modwerx, and if it doesnt fit, (as in it being to small) just make a ball of foil to stick under the battery and the clip to extend its length so it starts to charge.
I do this and it always charges to the fullest.

Jorad

Perfect! I was just worried that, that may mess them up. I've also read that you can use magnets as well to extend them. Thanks for all the help... Time to get ordering

Perfect! I was just worried that, that may mess them up. I've also read that you can use magnets as well to extend them. Thanks for all the help... Time to get ordering

No problem and Good luck! =]

Jorad

Took some pictures as I said I would... just waiting on the diode and driver from modwerx.... cant wait... impatient.... anyways here it is

Edit: oh and got all the diodes I need for a test load.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 570
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 672
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,457
Last edited:

Jorad

Ok well received my laser diode pre-installed in the axiz housing and my driver from MODWEKZ. Put a test load on the driver and set it to 4.3 and I get the halo effect and no burning.... even on a focused beam... perhaps I should go 6X with this build?... kinda disappointed I got a faulty LD.