Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Viking

Greetings from minnesota.
my name is keil and i have been a long time browser but for some reason it took me for ever to make an account. so hi all!!!

my current laser collection is a single "laser 303" from china it's a listed 10w :crackup: which i know is a load of crap.

Yeah you're looking at more like 30mw green/532nm, and about 70mw infrared

Last edited:

gozert

At least you know those claims are absolute bullshit. There are more than a few people who actually believe in it.

Welcome :beer:

Yeah i knew it was probably an absolute load of crap when i clicked buy. It is however considerably better than my busted 15yr old laser keychain.

gozert

Not sure what you paid for it, but they certainly are good value for the money as a first laser. Well, as long as you got it under 10$ that is.

If you want advice on buying or building your first quality laser, then just do a quick search or PM one of us. We already have many threads about this, so starting another one may not be the best way to go with.

Ok will do. I was thinking about buying one from scifi lasers. How are his products?

gozert

His products are pretty good, but expect to wait at least a month or more for your laser.

Would it be a better idea to just build my own or is there another seller on here that you would recommend?

gozert

I'll pm you a couple names later today and give you some info on building a laser by yourself.

Pman

That 303 could also be over 100mW and without testing there's no way to know the actual % of IR.
Yes Sci-fi lasers will sell you a good unit and you will get it eventually but be prepared as it may take well over a month to get it and if you don't have a lot of patience I suggest you look somewhere else.