Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser that I bought?

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and in this small world of the lasers, the truth is that I am very passionate and wanted to buy my first laser.
Do not know much and wanted a laser, powerful, green, capable of breaking balloons, balloons and light that I may have to point people to the face and also it's not too expensive, and I want to go forward slowly.

Thanks and greetings to all, happy laser!

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and in this small world of the lasers, the truth is that I am very passionate and wanted to buy my first laser.
Do not know much and wanted a laser, powerful, green, capable of breaking balloons, balloons and light that I may have to point people to the face and also it's not too expensive, and I want to go forward slowly.

Thanks and greetings to all, happy laser!

first off... welcome to the forum.
next order of business... please tell me you arent going to shine your laser in somebodies face!!!

michael.

Ok, so I can please reocomendar a laser to point at someone's legs?

No, it was a joke.
Would you please recommend a laser economic and not very powerful to be safe and not dangerous?

By the way, for you there using your lasers?

Last edited:
Ah so it's originally Spanish this is coming from. Plenty of cheap low power pointers you can get, but you don't want to make jokes like that for future reference.

well safe can be defined in different ways. just an all around safe laser is less than 5mw. but if you are pointing into the open sky only then you can safely get away with more power, assuming you have good safety practices.

if you want the most visible beam at the lowest power then go with green.

And if I buy one of 10mw but I will pass on your skin something? And with the 5MW?

Utilizais you for your lasers?

when we talk about safety we mostly mean eye safety. 10mw is perfectly safe for your skin. but not your eyes. and with so many shiney reflective surfaces in the world it is unsafe to use a high powered laser with out the proper safety goggles.

michael.

Violet is on the lower end of the visible spectrum, green is right in the middle.

We can see green (532nm) MUCH better. For a comparison to me personally 800mW of violet (purple - 405nm) is about as bright as 40mW of green.

Please be mindful of what others already said about safety. NEVER point a laser at someones face, or even near their face.

With a 10mW green laser pointer, if you pointed in your skin may burn or hurt or is completely safe?
Thanks and a greeting.

@Fidexful

A 10mW laser will not do any damage to your skin, you probably will not even feel it.

Unfortunately if you were to shine it into your eye, or someone else eye, there is a fair chance you could do some damage. Think about it... being out in the sun for a few minutes on a hot day with no clouds, your skin is fine for a good long while, although you eventually start to get a tan.

If you were to stare into the sun for a while though... that would do damage.

With all but the most high powered lasers (1W+) the concern is not really for skin, or for clothes, but for your eyes. EVERYTHING is reflective, it's only a degree of how much. Anything that has a glossy surface is reflective, an aluminum bottle of soda can be very reflective, basically just about everything reflects.

Try out a 5mW green laser first, one that you know is safe, play with it, have fun... the dot you will be able to see far... and you will see a beam in smoke.

You really won't see any difference between 10mW and 5mW, so you would be better off with a 5mW laser to start.

Please disregard the post by perfectlasers, he is trying to make money off of you...

Anyway, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask away, but after doing a little research maybe;)