Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser stuff for the holidays...

During the holiday break, i'll be *finally* working on my blueray laser project. Just got a few rckstr drivers, and all the necessary parts to complete the build. I'll build it into an aixiz module tightly pressed into a small flanged aluminium heatsink and probably drive the PHR a few mW below recommended normal values for longer life.

This will be part of my future plans for a white(ish) laser, as I already have a 100 mW red labby and a 30 mW green module for that project

Anyone has laser-related plans for the holidays?

Oh, and Merry Christmas to all the fine folks at LPF! :san:

- Robert

My only laser related plans for the holidays include collecting a few diodes from my gf's brother who repairs computers and has ton's of drives laying around :)

3zuli

I'm getting a PHR sled for Xmas, and maybe a new style dilda from o-like and lot of stuff from DX, so it's gonna be fun :beer:

HI

Hopfully getting a 300mw green laserwave :)

Merry christams Everyone

Anyone has laser-related plans for the holidays?
I'm going over to a freecycler's house right now to pick up an old server to salvage the PSU, heat sink, and whatever else I can get. Hopefully it has a DVD drive, too, but I doubt it.

Once I have a little extra money, I'll be ordering some Aixiz housings and drivers so I can put my red diode to good use.

diachi

Selling my whole laser collection - saving money to start it over again. ;)

diachi

waaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Yeah - not even sure if I will build it back up yet ...

If you want anything - it's all in my signature - let me know. The ALC60 head is taken for now. But everything else that says for sale beside it is funnily enough , for sale.

PM me if you want anything.

diachi

might be in for the scanners. I'll let you know

why are you selling up?

I can't sell the scanpros. They were a Christmas present. Selling up cause I have no money and exams coming up so I want to try and focus on them. Not sure if I'll buy any lasers for a while after either. Gonna keep my two pointers though. Just can't afford any lasers just now . :(

I treated myself to Kenom's last Kenometer Lite. :na:

I have 2 other meters, but they pretty much suck! They are photodiode detectors. To measure higher powers I have to use a ND filter. Also they have to be calibrated to each different wavelength.
One of them, the detector spot is smaller then 1/8" and a real bi$%h to hit that little hole, while holding the power switch up (it is a momentary switch) with one hand, while holding the laser with the other, while holding the detector head with the other......LOL
Should be built and shipped here in 3 weeks. I can't wait!:drool: