Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Stuff for Sale

It doesn't seem to be working right now... But the good news is, is that I have the both of the 445s working and The flashlight is in very good shape so I think I'll keep it. I'll need it for when I'm working in the lower decks of the ships:D

I'm not sure what drivers to use for the 650s but I'm in the process of working that out right now. Just gotta figure out what diode they are :crackup:

I'm pretty sure the 650's are the ones found in old DVD burners.

I have used the 808nm to light matches on fire, but have never measured it on an LPM or had an opportunity to see it through NV goggles.

I'm pretty sure the 650's are the ones found in old DVD burners.

I have used the 808nm to light matches on fire, but have never measured it on an LPM or had an opportunity to see it through NV goggles.

I think it's just because the batteries are super dead:crackup: I'll get some new ones tomorrow and test it out:D

Thanks for this amazing deal! And I'll surely be making some drivers for those diodes then. Hopefulyy I still have some lm317s left:)

I think it's just because the batteries are super dead:crackup: I'll get some new ones tomorrow and test it out:D

Thanks for this amazing deal! And I'll surely be making some drivers for those diodes then. Hopefulyy I still have some lm317s left:)

I'd recommend testing the drivers you got with the lot first. Maybe try different combinations of 1 or 2 3V batteries using the diode bank with 1-ohm resistor as a load.

Dang I missed the 808nm, I would've bought that. :cryyy::crackup::takeit:

Any 532nm DPSS laser can be converted to 808nm by removing the crystals and repositioning the collimation lens, even better if the lens isn't AR coated for 532nm. Find one someone dropped and no longer works, the IR in it most certainly would still work 99+% of the time if it died due to being dropped.

Edit: Any I know of, it is possible you could have a 532nm pointer which uses a direct 1064nm diode, but I've never seen one because they would be far more expensive to make.

Last edited: