Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LASER SNOW!!

Switch

Oh yea, the camera makes it look blue, and way brighter than it is to the bare eye.Well that makes sense.Btw, it's not quite ultraviolet, it's still on the edge of the visible spectrum.

rkcstr said:
[quote author=Switch link=1206167054/0#11 date=1206498864]Are you sure that's not a blu-ray burner? It looks pretty damn bright :eek:

Heh heh, yeah, it's pretty bright, but it only being driven about 40ma, plus the camera makes it look much brighter than it is to my eyes [insert reason of eyes not being as sensitive to blue explanation].[/quote]
The strange thing is that the snow seems to be fluorescent at this wavelenght :eek: , but I think that was only a camera effect as you stated.

if anyone wants me to get them anywhere from 100-10000 views on any video on break.com, metacafe let me know. ill help ya ;)

btw, if you take a look at your video i think you will be pretty happy ::)

Amnizu

My video? Kenom's? My dog's? Specificity man, it makes the world go round.

Switch

Amnizu said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOiftyCUsSU

My very own, although somewhat crappy, laser snow. I even tried it with my Aquarius at the end, but it wasn't dark enough for it to show up very well at all.
That's not crappy at all, I like it how hot air from your open window creates some steam and makes the red beam visible at some point.The aquarius was barely there though.... :-/
I'd do my own but it's already 20[sup]o[/sup]C here...

Amnizu

That was actually me breathing out in the hope that I'd get that effect, but I didn't actually see it happen myself, so I'm glad my camera did.