Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser saftey glasses

m3vuv

Hi all,im just wondering what colour should safety glasses be for a 450mn blue laser,ive i feeling ive been sent the wrong ones.!,cheers m3vuv.

diachi

Red, orange or green. What colour did you get? Where did you order them from?

m3vuv

another sneaky chink saying there from uk but came from china on a slow boat i think as well!

diachi

Yeah, blue glasses aren't going to be any good for blue light.

Also, I wouldn't trust those cheap eBay glasses with my eyesight. Get something that is known to work and is of good quality.

Those are wrong, I have seen them do this before and it could get someone hurt, I received a pair like that and they would only block some 635nm but not 660nm and they were useless for blue light, like others have said get some good glasses you can trust, those are good for nothing.

Arctos

That's horrifying. Tip for laser beginners; if the goggles are the same colour as the beam, they likely won't be safe. I use noIR stuff exclusively but I don't expect people starting out to pay for that. Your continued usage of eyesight is worth reading for an hour I'd say!

m3vuv

well they refunded me and got to keep the glasses,tested them they have zero attenuation at 450nm,may come in handy as glasses for gringing i suppose or sun glasses,idiots will end up getting ppl blinded!.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

I bought the same blue glasses which seem to be on a lighter tint of blue, not by mistake but for my red 650's.
After being frustrated seeing that they did nothing on even blocking the red laser that they are suppose too, I tried them as sun glasses and they don't block any sun light either:whistle: I won't let them beat me, i'll find a use for them:giggle:

m3vuv

The asswipes should be made to wear them and look into a big laser!

AGAIN

we will always have confusion if we continue to use the colors of the lenses.
MOST important is WHAT lasers are we protected from..NOT the lens color.
IMHO we should just call the glasses by what protection they offer..
NOT by the lens 'tint' etc.. the number SHOULD be on the frames with OD after--higher OD--better protection..

example:
I have a pair EAGLES that cover all lasers we can see.
They happen to be a shade of grey..I DO NOT call them 'grey laser glasses' -
it does not need to be so confusing..
another thing--If we keep using both somebody will think ANY glasses that are 'red' will protect from red lasers.. BUT in fact ALL other types of sunglasses/welders glasses (etc) are EXTREMELY dangerous.
they make our eyes 'lens'(iris) much bigger-- allowing even MORE light thru.
and that just makes things worse all the way around.
Our eyes lens magnifies the laser by 100X or more.
The sun does not burn stuff UNLESS you use a mag. glass.
If you think about lasers the same as you do about guns.
I would prefer to NEVER get shot .. even by a pellet or BB gun.
ESPECIALLY to my eyes and even worse the center of my eyes --where the possibility of blindness is the greatest.

Next time a laser hits your eyes or looked at 'dot' too long.. you will see 'floaters' or afterimages.
IF they do not go away within a minute or two..you were overexposed.
IF you still see them the next day--go to a good eye doctor ASAP and tell him/her exactly what happened.
Laser exposure to the eyes is not very painful -- even into the center,
Do not assume that no pain means no injury. BUT you can assume that lots of pain is a very bad sign.

m3vuv

i think most ppl already know that,a lot of posters here seem to reply to posts as if there talking to idiots!!