Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Safety Glasses

No not yet Im actually going to try tomorrow on their chat line 1 being other companys that are based out of China dont give you access to it on Sundays ive tried before and im just not in the mood or even know what to do yet like a return or credit. Would you know off hand if I would have to pay return postage? Thanks:)

I've never ordered from fasttect, but if they're like most other chinese companies then you probably will. I'd just be a little aggressive and demand a refund.

GSS

I've never ordered from fasttect, but if they're like most other chinese companies then you probably will. I'd just be a little aggressive and demand a refund.
Ok thanks again. I will be firm like you said. I had ordered a 4 pack of batterys from TMart.com once for $10 plus and 2 of them wouldnt charge and at first this comp wanted to give me $1 credit eventually I just settled for $5. This time im going all the way. Il let you know Thanks:tsk:

GSS

I just had to reopen this thread from yesterday. I online chatted with fasttech about their blue safety glasses doing nothing for my red 650nm 115mw. They want pictures of these safety glasses not working?? (yes there are ways to take the pics) but I wonder how some would go about it lately?:whistle:

I just had to reopen this thread from yesterday. I online chatted with fasttech about their blue safety glasses doing nothing for my red 650nm 115mw. They want pictures of these safety glasses not working?? (yes there are ways to take the pics) but I wonder how some would go about it lately?:whistle:

You would need a lot of hands XD.

I guess you could keep the laser on (if it's a clickyswitch, or tape the button or something) and take a picture of the dot on its own, then another with the safety glasses in front of the dot.

GSS

You would need a lot of hands XD.

I guess you could keep the laser on (if it's a clickyswitch, or tape the button or something) and take a picture of the dot on its own, then another with the safety glasses in front of the dot.
lol not enough hands not enough patience, but like you said on your PM buyer beware. Fasttech does have good things so im not going to knock them, and il still buy from them. but these glasses arent 1 of them:whistle:

Benm

You could just make a video where you start with the laser pointing at a wall with a bright dot, and then slip the glasses in between to see if the dot gets a lot dimmer like it should. With fixed exposure that would even show OD1 quite effectively.

But i think it's odd that a company would ask for this - i reckon they'd test this before shipping out a safety product like this.

Doing a quick test of how well goggles attentuate the laser you are working with would be something i'd recommend in all cases though. It's very easy to do, and unless your laser is several watts and cannot be tuned down, it will not damage the goggles if you sweep them through the beam.

This is by no means an exact measurement, but you can easily tell if somehting is hardly blocking the light or strongly (say OD3+) blocking it. I.E. if you accidentily got the wrong tool for the job for whatever reason.

@Pi R Sq....Forgot to ask...for the E-Ting, Uvex, and HDE...which will fit over eyeglasses?

GSS

You could just make a video where you start with the laser pointing at a wall with a bright dot, and then slip the glasses in between to see if the dot gets a lot dimmer like it should. With fixed exposure that would even show OD1 quite effectively.

But i think it's odd that a company would ask for this - i reckon they'd test this before shipping out a safety product like this.

Doing a quick test of how well goggles attentuate the laser you are working with would be something i'd recommend in all cases though. It's very easy to do, and unless your laser is several watts and cannot be tuned down, it will not damage the goggles if you sweep them through the beam.

This is by no means an exact measurement, but you can easily tell if somehting is hardly blocking the light or strongly (say OD3+) blocking it. I.E. if you accidentily got the wrong tool for the job for whatever reason.
I tried telling their complaint line that these glasses dont work plain and simple, forget about my 115mw red but even on the $1 dollar store ones. Yeah and I did mention that their "quality control dept" lol should have never passed them for sale. They went from wanting pics and when I told them that wasnt possible they want a video now. I argued that if they cant comply for a $9 part its a joke cause ive bought plentyt from them. The thing is I dont have the right stuff to send a pic or video or even know how. Im not proud of this but ive only been online for 6 months or so. They mentioned a 3rd party source like alot of you members have told me. Im at the point of sending these to member to member so they can see what a joke they are. We need a laugh once in a while:) Its nice to mention how to test but when you see the dot of a 1mw cheapie beaming right threw into wall you will see no need lol

Last edited:
@Pi R Sq....Forgot to ask...for the E-Ting, Uvex, and HDE...which will fit over eyeglasses?

Only the Uvex are made to fit over glasses, but the red HDE I have fit under my glasses just fine, no doubt this won't be so for everyone. The E-Ting may look like the same design but they are larger, they won't fit under or over my glasses.

Alan

GSS

My HDE red just about make it over my glasses that are the magnifieing style that I buy from CVS. They look like the Buddy Holley style. If my little input helped

Last edited:
Only the Uvex are made to fit over glasses, but the red HDE I have fit under my glasses just fine, no doubt this won't be so for everyone. The E-Ting may look like the same design but they are larger, they won't fit under or over my glasses.

Alan

Alan,

Thanks for that. I am getting Eagles from Survival Laser (the ones that fit over glasses and cover green and blue wavelengths. However, I need some extra pairs for people who may be coming around which is why I am looking for these cheaper ones.

Do you know of a pair, inexpensive, fit over glasses to cover red?

Also, I don't know which of the other glasses that Survival Laser sells will fit over glasses...for red and IR.

If not them...where else can I get a decent pair?

BTW, I used to purchase a lot of things from Robert at Information Unlimited. I had not been to his site in years. Now he has lasers but I think they are Chinese. I have to speak with a guy named Andrew there about the glasses they sell. When I do I will post something. Lasers - Safety Glasses / Goggles - Information Unlimited

Alan,

Thanks for that. I am getting Eagles from Survival Laser (the ones that fit over glasses and cover green and blue wavelengths. However, I need some extra pairs for people who may be coming around which is why I am looking for these cheaper ones.

Also, I don't know which of the other glasses that Survival Laser sells will fit over glasses...for red and IR.

If not them...where else can I get a decent pair?

BTW, I used to purchase a lot of things from Robert at Information Unlimited. I had not been to his site in years. Now he has lasers but I think they are Chinese. I have to speak with a guy named Andrew there about the glasses they sell. When I do I will post something. Lasers - Safety Glasses / Goggles - Information Unlimited

I don't have any yet myself for red that fit over glasses so I can't recommend any. You could try these: http://www.amazon.com/Protection-Go...1040094&sr=1-41&keywords=laser+safety+glasses
Just under $20 isn't too bad, I think they ship from China so don't expect them soon. Buy at your own risk, they could be good or could be garbage.

Alan

Those Amazon HDE goggles work OK for their rated wavelength, unless you're dealing with huge power output.

I've tested a few in my time with pretty varied results, but I guess anything is better than nothing.

The first one I am not believing. The second one is believable, but someone here would need to buy and test them.

Alan

I just got a reply from the company that makes them: hey are testec. od4+ ce certificated. here we described as the tital shows
Wuhan Laserlands Laser Equipment Co., Ltd SELLER answered on August 31, 2015

The thing is, if they do work, I suspect it would be hard to see much.

They have these. I am waiting to hear what they say about these: Red 635nm 650nm 660nm Laser Protection Goggles Safety Eyewears Glasses OD4+ - - Amazon.com

GSS

I just got a reply from the company that makes them: hey are testec. od4+ ce certificated. here we described as the tital shows
Wuhan Laserlands Laser Equipment Co., Ltd SELLER answered on August 31, 2015

The thing is, if they do work, I suspect it would be hard to see much.

They have these. I am waiting to hear what they say about these: Red 635nm 650nm 660nm Laser Protection Goggles Safety Eyewears Glasses OD4+ - - Amazon.com
Andrew124, if this helps you in anyway I have a red pair from fastech for obviously a different wavelenght but the style or mold look identical and I can easily wear them over my glasses