Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser safety and goggles

apap

If you have a laser between 190-540nm like violet, blue, cyan, dpss green

7W striker but i’m gonna get more different ones in the future
you can say that… but i don’t think it was eye damage i’m pretty fine luckily

lasingfox

you can say that… but i don’t think it was eye damage i’m pretty fine luckily
get it checked out! don't take this lightly. eye damage isn't instantly apparent a lot of the time. if you really were hit in the eye even with a fraction of the power, it is still enough to cause SERIOUS damage. if the diode was above lasing threshold, it is well beyond the limit to cause permanent damage.

apap

get it checked out! don't take this lightly. eye damage isn't instantly apparent a lot of the time. if you really were hit in the eye even with a fraction of the power, it is still enough to cause SERIOUS damage. if the diode was above lasing threshold, it is well beyond the limit to cause permanent damage.
what is “lasingthreshold?

lasingfox

i’ll get it checked out , what goggles do you recommend
laserglow is the cheapest source that is guaranteed to protect you. honestly thought, you already damaged your eyes. you should just start with something lower powered so you don't go blind in both eyes or harm someone else. you should be treating that thing like a loaded gun... but if you absolutely must play with it, get the OD7+ 190-532nm goggles from laserglow.

Sowee7

If you have a laser between 190-540nm like violet, blue, cyan, dpss green then yes
Dude did you end up getting the 7W striker?

well I use them and I've heard lots of positive/negative opinions lately so idk what to think. Do you have any reasoning?
i ordered eagle pair glasses for 190-540+800-1700nm OD5 and it doesn't block 532 properly. eagle pair glasses aren't to good

i ordered eagle pair glasses for 190-540+800-1700nm OD5 and it doesn't block 532 properly. eagle pair glasses aren't to good
Are they the same colour as these? https://www.laserlands.net/protection/16011009.html

I think laserlands/eagle pair share a lot of the same stock. I purchased a set of the goggles in the link above after having a good experience with their dedicated 190-540nm goggles. Unfortunately they are complete garbage. As soon as the laser hits threshold power I can feel the diffuse light hit my eyes.