Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Pointers over the next 10 years

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
i was thinking today about where laser pointers will be in the next 10 years... maybe much more popular, maybe high powered ones will be made illegal if enough wreckless individuals do bad things with them...

i really do not know.

i believe there are a lot of people out there who would really be interested in high powered green laser pointers, but they don't know these devices even exist.

if it wasn't for the danger of these devices, i would predict in 100 years they might be really popular.

it will be interesting to see what happens with laser pointers over the next 10 years or so.

what do you guys think?

ipod

as long as there is the FDA, and the us customs, there wont be much of a real strong market for lethally powerful lasers produced overseas sent here in the u.s market, which i assume make up close to 50% of laser sales worldwide!

K

kingzilla

Too bad for those in the States. For me in Canada there are no problems. I think that in the next ten years, we will see all the colors, red, green, yellow, blue, and purple as inexpensive $40 units like the leadlights wicked sells. There maybe higher power versions of these colors as well, but I don't think there will be any higher power than the greens we have now. Unfortunatly, in that time period it is very likely there will be some incident involving a high power green that gets them banned.

S

SenKat

ipod said:
as long as there is the FDA, and the us customs, there wont be much of a real strong market for lethally powerful lasers produced overseas sent here in the u.s market, which i assume make up close to 50% of laser sales worldwide!

There are dealers located within the US that produce high power devices - Two in Houston (I will grab the links and post them wwhen I wake nough !) and I am sure there are others. It's a huge market - I spent a looooong time searching out that perfect combination of price, mw, etc....because I just NOW found out about the high power devices. Well, the little 5mw one I have (so far) has spread an incredible fever around at work, and others are just itching ot get their hands on some quality, inexpensive units....lemme find those links :)