Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser pest control

Prototype,

We are talking about a huge warehouse, not a field. Even if you scare the birds, you have to get them to leave the building, not just fly to another part of it. If they left the loading dock doors open for the birds to fly out, more might just fly in. If lasers are inhumane, then high powered pellet guns it is. I try to go for head shots and take them out quickly. Anything that is injured is finished off with a head shot. Sorry if this sounds inhumane, but they can't be left inside the warehouse. Maybe I should mount a laser sight on my air rifle?

You doors argument is kinda pointless, if you leave it open for them to fly out when you use lasers, more could fly in then. Unfortunately, you're probably going to have to shoot them with a pellet gun to get rid of them completely. :undecided:

Try the lasers first.

Herd them towards the door while having a guy at the door making sure they don't get in. Most times after they see the beam they won't try to get back in.

Target them in flight if they try to fly back.

vk2fro

MTHEL :) Good for taking out spiders, birds, ferrets, possums, and the occasional heavy jet ;)

Actually this laser pest control is effective only in this case if you don't want these bugs in your room, it can be used for limited purpose you can't get rid of pest with this, for permanently getting rid of these pests you need to have pest control services.

Termite Rescue | Cost effective solution

Last edited:
Since you dug up this old thread, I will say that the primary reason I'm getting into lasers is to burn flies with them. Unfortunately, a DVD burner laser doesn't seem to have enough power for it and I can't afford anything bigger.