Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Pen Suggestions

i know you might see a lot of these but i also have another question i couldn't find. First what is a good website and laser, I'm looking for a green or purple 10-50mw laser, not really for burning but more for the beam and just playing around with it. My other question is if i wanted to use a laser with my cat or pets is 10mw unsafe? Or even 5mw unsafe? I have a red cheap 1$ laser but its dead now :/

Gabe

i know you might see a lot of these but i also have another question i couldn't find. First what is a good website and laser, I'm looking for a green or purple 10-50mw laser, not really for burning but more for the beam and just playing around with it. My other question is if i wanted to use a laser with my cat or pets is 10mw unsafe? Or even 5mw unsafe? I have a red cheap 1$ laser but its dead now :/

Hello! If you want a laser for the beam and just enjoying the light, you'll want a green laser. It's much more visible and you'll be able to see the beam much better, with a violet laser you likely won't see diddly. When playing with a cat, 10mW is definitely not safe, and 5mW is about the limit. It's best to go with the lowest power possible for a cat, like 1mW, but make sure it's from a reputable source. Cheap eb@y lasers are sometimes wildly overspec, sometimes enough to burn! I suggest ordering from LaserBTB, you'd want their pen lasers most. Here's the link: laserbtb
Best of luck! :beer:

laserbtb has low powered pens green and red u should have a look there.

GSS

I go through about 2 $1 red lasers a week for my cat,go to the dollar store please and pick up about 5 of them your cat will love you and you will have no worrys. At the same time pic up a laser for yourself. You both will be pleased:yh: