Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Overload

Things

Whipped out all the working lasers and projectors (And laser harp) for some epic beam shots.

Considering building a 2nd RGB projector, I have all the main components, would make for even more epic beamshots :)

6 separate lasers in this pic:
1.6W RGB projector
200mW laser harp
200mW module
1.4W 445nm handheld
~400mW 445 module
~350mW LOC/650nm module

DSCF4652.jpg

DSCF4662.jpg

Cheers,
Dan

im jealous.

can you post some tips on what settings you put your camera to? i suck at taking pics of my projector

Things

There is one huge trick to good laser photos - Stay away from auto mode! :)

Second is, use a low ISO. Most cameras default to around 800, which makes for grainy photos. I use ISO100 for all my pics, laser or not.

3rd, use manual focus. If you're trying to get a shot purely of the beams, use your manual focus to focus around the middle of your photo. You won't be able to get the whole beam in focus.

If your camera has it, put it in Program or Shutter priority mode. Program mode will allow you to change things like manual focus, the ISO etc but it'll do everything else for you. If your pics keep coming out overexposed in Program mode, switch to Shutter priority and turn down the shutter speed until it's the right exposure. Be careful though, if you have the shutter speed too fast, you won't capture the whole scanner output.

Dan

Last edited:
There is one huge trick to good laser photos - Stay away from auto mode! :)

Second is, use a low ISO. Most cameras default to around 800, which makes for grainy photos. I use ISO100 for all my pics, laser or not.

3rd, use manual focus. If you're trying to get a shot purely of the beams, use your manual focus to focus around the middle of your photo. You won't be able to get the whole beam in focus.

If your camera has it, put it in Program or Shutter priority mode. Program mode will allow you to change things like manual focus, the ISO etc but it'll do everything else for you. If your pics keep coming out overexposed in Program mode, switch to Shutter priority and turn down the shutter speed until it's the right exposure. Be careful though, if you have the shutter speed too fast, you won't capture the whole scanner output.

Dan

thanks ! what camera do you use? i am getting a new one soon (using my dads d90 for know) im thinking about getting the cannon t3i (craigs suggestion) :thanks:

ahh thnaks for the advice :beer: i can not wait to get some laser shots once i get my own dslr :drool:

Those are some nice pictures! I'v been thinking of doing some pictures like this as well. My camera is just a point and shoot but I can control it a bit.

:kewlpics:

thanks ! what camera do you use? i am getting a new one soon (using my dads d90 for know) im thinking about getting the cannon t3i (craigs suggestion) :thanks:

I have the 600D... pretty well priced camera for what it offers. I'm happy with it!