Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser needed to burn/melt zip ties

I need a laser to burn/melt zip ties from about 2 feet. color doesn't matter. any specific models? I want a product that does what i need it to out of the box.:thanks:

Some other member's posts compiled:

1. Introduce yourself in the welcome section first.

2. Do research yourself first. Ask only if you cannot find. (I admit I was guilty of this once :p)

3. If you are up to no good, have fun helping yourself.

A few of my own comments:

1. Your post don't seemed like you have done any research.
- You need safety glasses.
- If you say colour doesn't matter you are VERY wrong. Different wavelengths perform differently for different tasks.

2. When working with lasers, safety of others and yourself is important, and is the first priority.

3. A laser is not a toy or a tool. It is a WEAPON.

Sounds like another one trying to hack at those game machines. There is practically no other reason you'd need to cut a ziptie at 2 feet using a laser.

PS: Most of them have locked doors or even alarms that activate if it detects something has fallen, yet the game has not been won.

Haha BUSTED. Nice one.

Hope that helped (NOT YOU, But the community),
dragonizer

People actually used lasers to cut zip ties in arcade machines? How lazy and douchey are people these days?

Absolutely ridiculous... people who do that deserve to their hands locked into the machine when they try to grab the prize and the doors lock :scowl:

They should do that, have wrist clamps or some sort of handcuffs or a larger version of chinese finger traps :) so if you try to steal, you aint getting away :D

Fiddy

cabletie.jpg

djQUAN

I haven't seen clear zip ties. White is the natural color of nylon used for making zip ties. :p