Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Light Show Projector - Under $20

I just found this on AliExpress. It seems similar to other units out there, but not at this price. It features two lasers (100mw red and 50m green). It even comes with an AC adapter and tripod.

It seems to only display a few gradient patterns. It has a mic so it probably just uses the sound source to vary the brightness.

I just ordered one. I plan on trying to hack and it and replace the optics with a speaker-mounted mirror to give it a real light-show display. It maybe throw in a mirror-mounted motor or galvanometer.

Even if the lasers are not full spec it still seems like a good deal.

[ Huizhuo ] 150MW 110 240V 150mW Mini Red&Green Moving Party Laser Stage Light laser DJ party light Stage Twinkle With Tripod-in Stage Lighting Effect from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com

That price is too cheap for a decent projector !

I have seen the better 150mw light blue model on the same page that sells for $31,

and it performs acceptably in a dark room.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
Yeah.. there's no way that could get into the US, but I agree. How is that pricing even possible?

You can buy these in the US... :whistle:

I prefer to order them through amazon because Amazon makes returns rather simple... I had one come in, everything was rattling around inside, to a degree that I didn't want to even open it up. Another the red laser was dead.... so ymmv but they are cool little toys, and pointed to the ceiling, quite safe.

Nice find. I would agree with you, that the extra $10 is worth dealing with amazon instead of Ali, expecially because delivery time reaches infinity when dealing with China-based vendors. But I'm just picking this up to hack it, so I'll just through $20 to the wind and see what happens.

On a side note, I figure if Amazon is selling the exact same thing, it gives it a bit of an endorsement. I'm going to xPost this item in the Light Show forum to see if anyone has any experience with it.

I have several black and blue models. Although they may vary a little in quality sometimes, they are great deals. Very nice construction, well worth the price. I have like 10 of them, and may purchase several more at this price. Just look at the bulk price ($13 in quantities > 4). Seems like a price error. Each of these have a slow turning motor w/ glass double-axis diffraction gratings. Each component, the red laser, the green laser, and the slow motor are each worth the $13 alone. I would highly recommend this if the deal is legit.

Edit: it is no longer free shipping when the quantity is greater than 3... But still, I have paid more than $20 for these in the past... well worth the money. Also, they are easy to modify. I have replaced the gratings with a textured piece of plastic to create fantastic lumia wheels, very slow, and adjustable speed. The metal enclosure is great for modifications and the lasers are quite powerful, especially at the given price point.

Last edited: