Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Knowledge Test

7 out of 10 but I have always been good at multiple choice, when there are 2 close answers there's a better chance it's one of them than one of the others and it's usually not the highest or lowest value by more than the natural odds based on the number of questions in a 3 or 4 answer multiple choice question, a 6 answer panel is harder to 2nd guess, so really I only knew 4-5 but I guessed 3 more right such as 3 microns and 1962 although I did read about the 1st LD and knew it was 1961 or 1962 hence the reason they put those 2 choices so close together, so I half knew that one anyway. But there's a lot of those trivia details that I don't know, after all they're so trivial anyway. lol

I had no idea what the ridge width is for a 785nm single mode diode. Of the others I missed I had to guess between two choices too. I guess my luck wasn't that good. Still managed to get six right.

Benm

I got 6 right, but they are pretty random questions about lasers of all kinds, so i'd be surprised if anyone got a 9 or 10 score on this unless having a educational background in lasers.

Then again questions like the year of in invention of the diode laser are not that relevant to know to the exact year - i know it was somewhere in the 60s, but 1961, 1962 or 1967 all seem feasible.

Then again, i'd never heard of something like a "Volume Bragg Grating laser diode" :)