Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser info site and laser wiki!

Things

Lasterd and i have created a new site called www.ultimate-lasers.com . It contains our own LASER WIKIPEDIA and a store, and a few other cool things. If you know about something you'd like to add the laser wiki, please search for it, if there is already a page, please fill in the info you have, or if there isn't a page already, create a new one! Our goal is to create a place with all the laser info, all in one spot!

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
best of luck with the site guys, i think it's a good idea and has lots of potential. thanks for linking back to the forum

going back to sleep now

regards
-avery

UPDATE to this: PLEASE anyone available, come help out with the wiki. We've made a heap of pages, but most are just a start, I have had a go at updating the dichro and DPSS pages myself so far but to do a good job takes time.

www.ultimate-lasers.com/info/

PLEASE HELP!!!

yeah this should be great! Im hoping its gonna be one of the better resources for lasers on the net, where you can buy lasers for cheap, learn about them, ect. im sure with the LPFs help we can get the wiki going so that its much more solid and informative.

Things

BTW if you decide to help, all the links that are a redish colour, are broken. Which means they either have to be redirected to the page with the info on it, or a new page needs to be created for it. The blue ones are all set ;)

I made some updates to it, and the news section has been expanded a lot. Hopefully well get some more people to help out with the wiki and definitions.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey guys, i stumbled across a similar site but it doesnt look like they have put any information on it really

http://laserpedia.com/

just thought i'd let u know

peace
-ave

"...and the things that concern you...hahaha, pun intended?

yup, a 13yr-old whipping out a multiwatt laser would get me concerned...but then again, any age would.

Rasel

First off, this is FRICKEN AWESOME!!!

Second, what will the wiki homepage setup be? There's got to be some way to start off a new laserholic... maybe a link to different types (e.g. DPSS) a link to History of Lasers, etc.

On a side note, I am slightly unable to browse the wiki except for "random article". Maybe it's just ,e or there is no portal or other gateway linking into the wiki...?

Besides that, pretty cool! Maybe personal experience can go into the articles as well.

Things

Yep, the wiki is for anything laser! You can even put how to build a driver or whatever on there if you can be bothered! ;D I have been building it up over the last few nights.

Alright so i updated the main page, and now i update the news every day. A company called microfiber products online has emailed me asking to advertise with them, and i agreed. So any other companies out there, if you want your site on the fastest growing resource out there for lasers, email me by going to that site.

Also, if you wanted to sell anything at all laser related, contact bluefusion, hes a member of this forum and SF. Hes in charge of the store and is going to be selling things there.

and no, there was no pun intended there :D

anyway thanks for your help guys.