Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser in snow pics

randomlugia said:
Hey Mariomaster, what state do you live in? Because I also live in Williamsport, and I haven't seen any snow yet. :'( Wwe might be talking about different states. ;D

lol, Pennsylvania

JLSE

hashlasersdosei said:
CCD damage? Well just dont shine High-powerd lasers at camras. Yes there more robust than our eyes but, unless lasers are used mediclty they dont do any good to anything!

Why not? The video footage I caught and still have to convert is priceless ;)

* If you look at the counter on the pics from my cam, it has served well for a year and a half at 1.24 million pics taken :cool:

Switch

wannaburn said:
[quote author=randomlugia link=1227170347/0#4 date=1227219317]Wow, that is strange. Mabye it's flourescent acid snow. :eek: Stay indoors!

Hmm, the snow melting me..never thought of that  :-/[/quote]

In Toronto? I hardly believe that.Only in Soviet Russia the snow melts you ;D
If you look at the counter on the pics from my cam, it has served well for a year and a half at 1.24 million pics taken

So that's like ~1.2 pictures per minute, every minute of that year and a half ::)

jriga

So that's like ~1.2 pictures per minute, every minute of that year and a half ::)

LOL that's what I was thinking...

I also hadn't realized that a powerful laser would damage CCDs. Makes perfect sense, of course - just hadn't dawned on me.

JLSE

Switch said:
[quote author=wannaburn link=1227170347/0#5 date=1227228094][quote author=randomlugia link=1227170347/0#4 date=1227219317]Wow, that is strange. Mabye it's flourescent acid snow. :eek: Stay indoors!

Hmm, the snow melting me..never thought of that :-/[/quote]

In Toronto? I hardly believe that.Only in Soviet Russia the snow melts you ;D
If you look at the counter on the pics from my cam, it has served well for a year and a half at 1.24 million pics taken

So that's like ~1.2 pictures per minute, every minute of that year and a half ::)[/quote]

LOL, its called burst mode :eek:

COOL, awesome pics :)

Yeah, 405nm should look better because it's bouncing off a "white" surface :)

JLSE

Niko said:
COOL, awesome pics :)

Yeah, 405nm should look better because it's bouncing off a "white" surface :)

It would be nice if the snow was actually white, that would mean that for 4-5 months id have a blue laser :D
But it just stays violet with no flourescing.

Still my favorite wavelength though, the 405nm is nice and inconspicuous. Green just stands out too much, and being in the city its the last thing I want ;)

I also tried some video with my scanner out the window, but the camera didnt pick up the patterns well :(