Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser-illiterate

I don't really know where to post this, but I'm kind of over my head here with the DIY aspect. I understand all the parts I need to build the laser I want, but I don't know how to put them together properly and even the simple tutorials are over my head. Is there anyone I can contact who won't get annoyed at my hopelessness? (I would be using jayrob's latest tutorial.)

-Mark

Why not ask the creator himself, Jayrob?

He'd be the best person to ask if you want to use his tutorial, you should buy some of his stuff too though :)

good luck,
Kendall

what build are you doing? and what are you having trouble with? were all willing to help just ask us some specific questions and we'll gladly answer.

yea a crap load of money because as soon as you build the first one "its on"
your addiction will soon take over making you madly insane wanting to build more more mORE ok I'm calm :eek:..................... :-X

What does this mean?

"For the FlexDrive, you must use a load to set the current. (Six silicon diodes (1N4001) in series, work perfect for a blu-ray) Here's a good diagram from rog8811 on how to set up a 'dummy load' for a red diode/DDL driver (works the same for the FlexDrive), for a blu-ray, just use 6 instead of 4:  
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1197651171#1"

Would it require buying any other parts?  I read that I would need a 3-ohm resistor for the driver at 420 mA, how would I go about finding and installing this? Is it necessary?

Also, if I were to make this as a Blu-Ray, what would be different from making it as a red? (In the way of which different supplies would I need?)

-Mark

diachi

Well if you were to make it a BR then you would need a BR diode instead of a red diode , and you would want a flex-drive running at around 100-130mA, other than that the parts are much the same .