Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Harp kits - Batch 2 - Finished

Re: Laser Harp kits - Batch 2 coming soon!

Hi Dan,

I think I'm speaking for all of the current and future kit owners when I thank you for your continued work on this project.

I'm excited that you might allow user configurable parameters.

I think that beside the app that you are writing, one would only require something like an Arduino Dueliminove to program the Atmel with your updated code. :)

But I'm sure that you'll outline this when it's ready.

....the best is yet to come!

Dan,

Don't forget, when you get some time... perhaps you might be interested in discussing a concept...

It's a variation on the current theme, and could possibly even be built in to the current harp kit...

Things

Hey guys, just a bit of an update. Probably the thing you've all been wanting most ... I've figured out how to make the beams MUCH brighter! :) I was shocked my little module was even capable of that under modulation!

Give me a few days and I'll write an application that'll let you update your code versions :)

Cheers,
Dan

Hey guys, just a bit of an update. Probably the thing you've all been wanting most ... I've figured out how to make the beams MUCH brighter! :) I was shocked my little module was even capable of that under modulation!

Give me a few days and I'll write an application that'll let you update your code versions :)

Cheers,
Dan

Awesome... sounds epic. Cant wait for the kits to ship!

Cheers,
Dan

With that extra brightness/ power it looks like I'm going to have to use the gloves instead of going bare-handed!

Way to go Dan!

Is the any hope of these shipping before Xmas...for some strange reason when Xmas comes, so does all the call-outs at work "grrrrr" lol

Things

Just waiting on the report back from csshih's "tester", then they can go out :)

Carl B

Cheers,
Dan
Good to hear your making progress with the brightness issue. Will this be added to v2.11 or dose this warrant a new version number?
Thanks for your ongoing hard work to perfect these kits.

Last edited:

Carl B

Hi people.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one but Dan sent me an update of the code to test that deals with the brightness issue of the harp.
The results i am getting from this update are amazing and my harp is now work faultlessly with a 300mW Green laser.

There is a minor issue that I have pointed out to Dan regards the harp opening and closing but in no way dose this affect the playing function of the harp. Dan has said he is going to have a look to see if he can sort it out.

Anyway Well done Dan and thanks to him for making these kits available to the people of LPF and PL.

Carl

Things

I should be able to release an update program for everyone within a couple of hours. You will need an Arduino duemilanove to upgrade however.

I will give all instructions etc on how to do it once the program is finished :)

You'll be blown away by the beam brightness increase ;)

EDIT: Please email me at lpfthings[at]gmail[dot].com and include your forum username in the subject, and I will email you back with the program and updating instructions. This just helps me keep track of where everything is going :)

Last edited:

Carl B

Hey Dan

I have put up a post in the thread on PL about the code update.
You may want to repeat your last post over there as well.

Carl

Things

Thanks Carl, replied over there too :)

The upgrading program is ready to go, so shoot me an email following the directions in my previous post and I'll get back to you.

camvo

Hi Dan,

I know you are busy but what is the status of the test stage of the second batch kit?

Any sight on when you can ship the kits?

Regards,
Peter

Things

I'll have to ask csshih about that, as I don't actually see any of the kits in this 2nd batch :)

Cheers,
Dan

csshih

Hi Dan,

I know you are busy but what is the status of the test stage of the second batch kit?

Any sight on when you can ship the kits?

Regards,
Peter

Peter,

Still waiting on the test I'm afraid!
Things are busy around Christmas!

Craig

camvo

Yes, Things is busy too!! :)

Just a small question.

To reprogram the harp, you mentioned that you need an Arduino duemilanove.

I have an Arduino Uno. Can that be used too?

Last edited: