Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser glasses

Hi all, I was wondering if these shades would Protect me from a 1200mw blue 445nm laser. sorry im kinda a noob when it comes to laser glasses and it says they are green laser glasses. Sorry again this has just been driving my crazy :(

Hi all, I was wondering if these shades would Protect me from a 1200mw blue 445nm laser. sorry im kinda a noob when it comes to laser glasses and it says they are green laser glasses. Sorry again this has just been driving my crazy :(

Link?

well the olike ones read that they have a higher od rating. so off stats alone i would say olike. but i really can't vouch for them. hopefully somebody with first hand knowlege will jump in...

I own the DL goggles and am satisfied with it for my 1W 445nm spartan.
IMHO they provide a good protection.

Both of those glasses have been discussed here before and are suitable for your application (i've got a pair of the DL).

These, which I also own, should also work:

RadiantShades for Blue and Green Lasers

There is an OD calculator at the bottom of that page and it says you need OD 2.4 to bring 1200mw down to 5mw; these are rated @ OD 2.5 for 445nm.

In my admittedly non-scientific testing the RadiantShades work well for 445nm and 532nm but not for 405nm. They knocked my arctic down to nearly nothing on high power.

** Oh and the RadiantShades ship from USA and will be in your hand 2-3 weeks faster. And check these out, they've been reviewed here by Kenom and these also ship from USA (search for powerfulpurchase).

http://shop.ebay.com/powerfulpurchase/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686 - I've got the ones for RED and they work very well.

Last edited:
I have those glasses, they work great for green. I just built my survival lasers 445 1.1-1.2W laser, ill post a review with pictures of the dot before and after glasses as soon as I can.