Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser for aquarium pest elimination?

Hello!

I have a saltwater aquarium and want to kill pests like aiptasia and majanos.

Can someone refer a model of laser that I can buy? I am reading that best to get a min of 2W /445nm blue laser.

Pls suggest and or give a model# or link !

Thanks much
Kris

I used to be into saltwater aquariums. I would like to get back into it by starting a vase Pico. It's really amazing, if you have never heard of it just look up "Vase Pico reef". Brandon429 is the one who started this trend years ago. His Vase Pico is over 6 years old I believe and only 1.5 gallons. Anyways I never used my laser for pest removal, although I know it works. I had this HUGE aiptasia in my live rock but never tried my laser to remove it unfortunately.

Any ways, best of luck and yes you will want a 445nm laser. You will also definitely need safety glasses. Please don't skimp out on them.

Last edited:

Blord

A high power 445nm will do the job. I quote one of my customer who bought my 2.4W laser.
And yes a safety goggle is a must when working on close distance.

Dear Kot,

Wow, this really works!!! I have already spent a few seconds burning out some polyps - everything is working perfectly! Thank you so much for fixing my laser problems.

What a fabulous tool - it even worked with the water moving (the flowing water should cool things down a bunch and so should limit effectiveness.)

Many thanks,

Kathy

Last edited:

A high power 445nm will do the job. I quote one of my customer who bought my 2.4W laser.
And yes a safety goggle is a must when working on close distance.

Great. Whats the best price on a high power 445nm 2.4W laser? ( similar to what Kathy got from u?)
Is it blue laser?
thx!