Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Diodes, Authenticity?

hi, I cam upon a laser diode supplier from china the prices too me seem very odd, 1W blue for $100 but 2W green for $28 can anyone help me if this is real and reliable? http://puu.sh/1WDsD

ARG

Green diodes arn't that cheap yet. Those are likely the IR pump diodes for 532nm lasers.

oh, what does that mean, by the price of the 450nm, doesn't seem the seller is lying, but then with the green doesn't make sense to me.

First of all, I don't think 2W green handhelds even exist. And for 28$?...

You'd be looking at over 1000$ for a 2W green if they were around!

yeah, thats exactly what i was thinking, it just doesn't sound right, but then, for the 450nm, the price is $100 which seems a bit over, I was wondering if any experienced person would know the reasoning behind this, wether or not this seller is trustable, for green and or blue

yeah, thats exactly what i was thinking, it just doesn't sound right, but then, for the 450nm, the price is $100 which seems a bit over, I was wondering if any experienced person would know the reasoning behind this, wether or not this seller is trustable, for green and or blue

Here's a tip: If the seller sells one *fake* item, find a new seller. Try Lazerer, or even here on the forums!

ARG

From the prices this seller is probably real.

IR pump diodes means that those "532nm" diodes are 808nm diodes for pumping crystals that convert the light into 532nm. All 532nm are like this.
Those prices are about right for IR pump diodes for 532nm.

DTR still has better prices for blue diodes, and he has amazing service.

From the prices this seller is probably real.

IR pump diodes means that those "532nm" diodes are 808nm diodes for pumping crystals that convert the light into 532nm. All 532nm are like this.
Those prices are about right for IR pump diodes for 532nm.

DTR still has better prices for blue diodes, and he has amazing service.

Since the diode is usually the most expensive part, with the $13 532nm diode 500mW, why are green lasers so expensive, is it possible for me to buy that and build my own 500mW green, or is it more complicated and more expensive. Like building a blue laser, the module is like $60 1W and the rest of the stuff is about $50, would the same apply for the green?