Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Diode suggestions

thesimsdude

Ive recently got a 2.5amp driver from Giannis, its all glued together so i cant reset the potentiometer. Im looking to build another laser with it, with this amperage Id imagine it would have to be pretty high power. I am looking for suggestions for laser diodes preferably green or red color as I already have a blue 445nm wavelength, anyone have something to suggest?

You could put a resistor in series to lower the current to use other diodes. The only green that might stand up to 2.5a would be the NUGM04. I don't think any reds are going to work, especially because they have a lower forward voltage and the current will actually be higher. Any of the blue NUBMxx diodes should work fine.

thesimsdude

Thank you, I am thinking I will do a NUGM04 Build, Would it be fine to run on one singular 18850 battery or would it be better to get a larger host to accommodate Two batteries since its on the higher power side?

Is is a Buck or Boost type driver? If it's a Buck then you will need two cells, especially because green diodes tend to have a higher forward voltage. Two 18350 batteries will usually fit where one 18650 battery was.

thesimsdude

It is indeed a Buck Driver, any recommendations on a lens for this diode?

I'm pretty sure all the G2's are wide-band ( 400 - 700nm )AR coated so any G2 will do fine, but I prefer a G8 myself.

If you want a better beam in the far field then a G8 ( longer FL ), but if you want to focus as tight as possible up close then a G2 ( shorter FL ), but a G2 will cause your far field beam to be wider.