Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser cutter PWM power adjust

Hi;

Hope this is the right section for the question.

I've recently got this laser to upgrade my 500mw laser cutter:
445nm 2.5W 2500mW Blue Laser Module With Heatsink For DIY Laser Cutter Engraver Sale - Banggood.com

The platform i'm using is a makeblock xy plotter which is controlled by an arduino variant called orion board.

The board has an output pin which spits out 12v PWM at 1khz.

Connecting the laser to the output didnt yield any results in terms of adjusting the laser power. The laser either on at 100% duty cycle or off completely anything below 100.

Searching about the product i found this image:

20160323030418_93756.jpg

Where you can see the T+ and T- pins. I was wondering if it would be possible to adjust the power using 5v TTL?

Thanks.

DTR

Yea don't see anything in the listing about modulation. May need to switch out the driver for one that does. Check out this thread tons of great info.
https://www.photonlexicon.com/forum...CNC-Laser-Engraving-8bit-Shades-of-Grey-445nm

For drivers I have the SXD but it is a simple driver with only TTL. If you need a more full featured driver with TTL and analog modulation there are a few community recommended options.
Flexmod P3. Pretty much the standard but usually on backorder.

Ebay seller X-Wossee.

Lasertack
https://www.lasertack.com/en/laser-diode-drivers

Optlasers.com
Drivers - Opt Lasers
Sale 5A Laser Diode Driver with 15A Tec Driver 445nm 635nm 808nm Analog TTL | eBay

J Tech
High Current Laser Drivers | Product Categories | J Tech Photonics, Inc.

Lasershowparts
Lasershow Parts - 2 channel analogue diode driver

Also check out this thread with some other options.
Are FlexMod P3's still available or is there an equivalent that is ready to ship?