Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser catastrophe.

Asherz

Shorter wavelength.

IR is best, and it's a longer wavelength, absorbed more readily.

Simple physics, 10th grade level.

Actually you are both correct, according to wave particle duality theory light can be both quanta (packets of energy) and a wavelength depending on the situation. And if you referring to IR being the best burners, that's not true the wavelength is inversely proportional to the amount of energy, as far as I know IR is only used because they are so cheap and easy to produce high powers.

Sure you know this though, sorry to step on any toes.

I completely agree with the Rayfoss BS though, O-like and rayfoss are both great company's and no way would the output be over half IR.

Ash

it is a higher energy photon.
JunoDance.gif

ZRTMWA

I call BS on that quote....

My Rayfoss 500mW shipped today. Before posting it Faona had it tested for me it was 518mW with an IR filter.

You can state your opinion in these boards but do NOT misrepresent them as facts.

Jerry

Not to call BS on your quote but the keywords here are: "Faona had it tested for me it was 518mW with an IR filter."

She could be BSing you for all we know.

EDIT: Whoops didn't see this thread was 3 pages

You are of course correct ZRTMWA.

However if you were asked to supply a high powered laser for review on these forums, would you lie and then send an underpowered POS? To be fair, I am pretty sure this one was cherry picked for the purpose.

Anyway let's see what it is like when it arrives.

Jerry