Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser BTB vs. SciFi Lasers

Im new to "lasers" and i was looking to buy a high powered laser (100mw-200mw). Ive been doing research and ive noticed that Laserbtb.com and SciFi Lasers have good reputation but i wanted to know which one is the best/reliable/bang for buck? Thanks

id go for sci fi. its owned by a member here, a very nice reputable member at that. laserbtb is nice, but they aren't quite as good in customer service. they have perhaps the best hosts you can get though, very rock solid and very good heatsinking, however sci-fi's arcane 2.0 is also very very high quality. Its a hard choice, but for a first, or beginner laser, i would definitely say laserbtb. Sci Fi is better, but not for beginner laser hobbyists. so i guess it depends of where your at in the hobby.

What wavelength are you looking for?

Last edited:
Id like me a 532nm or 445nm but with power (100 mw-200mw like i mentioned above). I just enjoy pointing lasers and burning stuff and playing with them, i really dont have a hobby for them. I have a cheap amazon laser but its mw probably around 10 mw just to get a feel for a laser in general. I also ordered a laser from lazerer but im starting to regret because the more research i put in, the more i find out that its not a good company. Im hoping that once i decide between one of these 2 companies, i can have a reliable, strong laser..

Well, i would say if you just want one for burning and fun, go for a 100mW 450nm (single mode) from laserbtb here: HL 405,445,450nm

it is certainly worth it.

or if you want, you could go for one of the green lasers, but they will be MUCH brighter (hard to look at sometimes), however will be more expensive, and wont burn as well, so its a bit of a trade off: HL 520nm 30mW-500mW

Quick question, do these lasers come with eye protection? And also, do they come with batteries and a charger? it doesnt say it does or doesnt on the website.

Quick question, do these lasers come with eye protection? And also, do they come with batteries and a charger? it doesnt say it does or doesnt on the website.

yeah, it wont come with much. id reccomend these things:

charger: Robot Check

Safety (they always tell you to get the best, but i would go for these if you aren't too serious, they are very nice): Robot Check

and there are plenty of places to get batteries, i would recommend going to a local vape shop and asking for some reliable "16340" batteries.

http://www.sflasers.com/SF501B_445nm_Blue/p2035127_9480307.aspx if i got this laser, would those goggles you recommended protect me from it?

http://www.sflasers.com/SF501B_445nm_Blue/p2035127_9480307.aspx if i got this laser, would those goggles you recommended protect me from it?

They definitely should. I would reccomend the laserbtb laser though, since that laser is VERY powerful, and you should start with something less crazy.

Last edited:

Yep they will bud. I will not sell goggles that will not do their job.

:)

Pman

You should mention what you are looking to actually burn as you may be dissapointed with 100mW unless you just want to light a match or pop a balloon or burn holes in dark plastic.

diachi

Are your lasers IR filtered or not?

I believe Sci-Fi laser's 532nm lasers are IR filtered but haven't been able to see anything that directly states that - Someone else will be able to confirm that for sure, maybe Eitan can chime in. 445nm lasers don't need IR filters as they don't produce IR.

Last edited:

ixfd64

I don't own a laser from either S-KY or Sci-Fi lasers, but I've heard nothing but positive things about both companies. I'd say each has their advantages; S-KY offers a greater variety of products, but the person who run Sci-Fi lasers is a member of this forum and will likely give you a faster response.

I believe Sci-Fi laser's 532nm lasers are IR filtered but haven't been able to see anything that directly states that - Someone else will be able to confirm that for sure, maybe Eitan can chime in. 445nm lasers don't need IR filters as they don't produce IR.

For LaserBTB, They can have an IR filter installed either free, or for a negligible price, but you have to let them know when you're ordering, otherwise it will not be IR filtered.

Don't know about SciFi, but expect the same.

I actually like laserbtb more, the hosts feels more secure atleast the normal 501b hosts i hate really awful host for a laser really its a flashlight host from the beginning so no suprise and there is no telling if its on or not no led light.

Last edited: