Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Btb is not reliable!

Rifter

Re: Laser BTB reliable?

Curious have they taken some responsibility and helped you with this ? if not i will probably not buy from them next time u never know a problem and it sucks they gonna go worse then..

No, I have now escalated it to a claim with paypal as dealing with kevin was getting me no where, now he is playing the same game with paypal as he was with me, saying it was delivered and i should be contacting canada post about it....

Im unsure what paypal is going to do but i provided paypal with canada post documentation(which i also sent to kevin when this whole mess started) that clearly states the only the SENDER can file for non-delivery of a package that canada post believes was delivered as addressed, when the claim is settled ill post the result.

ok that is a bit dissapointing to hear, clearly it was delievered wrong and they should cover the loss even if it sucks for them they are the company and should have solved this much better. Funny how they state the terms they will send new laser or money back thats just a complete lie to the customer which will not bend well for them if they will continue like this. And i dont get it, they know places like this exist, one unhappy customer suddenly they can get 10 or even more that will think twice before order from them and go somewhere else...

Last edited:

Hello guys!

Pretty shitty that it did not work out for you two. I told kevin via an email that needs to step up his game concerning communication. Or i will need to forfeit supporting him on the forum.

Other then that. Before people are bashing laserbtb. There are a few things you might want to consider BEFORE dealing with laserbtb or any other chinese company:

1. Comunication will be slower. This is due time difference and the language barriere and 900 other possible reasons.

2. Don't expect to be handled like a king. The prices are not as high like local builders in the US or top notch companies like CNI etc. (Generally speaking). Meaning that companies like laserbtb need to earn on larger quantities which results in the fact that more customer service is needed. It is a decision you make as a seller to find the balance.

3. It is ok for the seller to expect you to do something to receive your order. If a company asks you to call with the postal agency,why should you not? You can probably get more info then the company can get in asia.

4. The company does not have the time or ability to out there side of the story on the forum. I am not saying anybody is wrong !here! but some people are hard to please.

5. If you knew how much orders are delivered without a problem. You should not worry as much about ordering when there are a few people unhappy on a open forum. It is normal.

6. Most chinese companies see opening dispute as an insult. Or at least as something negative. There culture is different then ours. Make clear that you are doing it to protect yourself and not to demand your money back straight away.

This is just my thought thought. And if you want to be sure that all s going to be ok. Order through one of my groupbuys. I do all customer service and communication with kevin. Dont know when the next will be though.

Greetings,

Robin

Insult or not failing to solve a problem for customer i dont care where you are from or what culture, this is just business, leave that out of this please.

Rifter

I don't know what more I could have done, I called post 5 different times hoping that one of the different call takers would let me file for non delivery even if I was the receiver not sender but none of them would. As far as they were concerned if I was actually the receiver then I already had possession of the package because they had delivered the package as addressed and it had been signed for already by someone at the receivers address.

Therefore at least according to Canada post it is up to the SENDER to advise them that they had delivered it to the incorrect address.

Honestly this has been such a pain in the ass to deal with im now imposing a personal limit of $25 on shipped from china items, im never ordering anything in my life that ships from china for more than $25. that way if it goes south I can just write it off and not care.

Its funny now that I think about it over the years the only issues I have had with getting items delivered was from china, and this is only the third time I have had issues with shipping in my life.

Also worth mentioning I was a shipper/receiver for 10 years I am well aware of how most freight companies work and there policies and tried every trick I know to deal with this but post was sticking to their guns.

Honestly this has been such a pain in the ass to deal with im now imposing a personal limit of $25 on shipped from china items, im never ordering anything in my life that ships from china for more than $25. that way if it goes south I can just write it off and not care.

I ordered once from laserbtb and I agree it wasn't the best experience when dealing with a company, so I do agree with you on that point.

However, I do not agree with you(personally) when you said "you would not buy anything which ships from China". I understand you had a bad experience with a company which is located in China but that shouldn't stop you from ordering from China. There are plenty of quality companies in China which take care of their customers and sell quality items and you shouldn't avoid them just because of one company. Basically, just keep an open-mind ;)

-Alex

Last edited:

Rifter

I ordered once from laserbtb and I agree it wasn't the best experience when dealing with a company, so I do agree with you on that point.

However, I do not agree with you(personally) when you said "you would not buy anything which ships from China". I understand you had a bad experience with a company which is located in China but that shouldn't stop you from ordering from China. There are plenty of quality companies in China which take care of their customers and sell quality items and you shouldn't avoid them just because of one company. Basically, just keep an open-mind ;)

-Alex

I have no issue with made in china goods, sometimes they make the best of a certain item and you have no choice but to buy made in china(computer components being a good example of this), I will just purchase these items from a Canadian or US or European dealer and not have it shipped from china.

Rifter

PayPal sided with laser btb. Somehow they came to the conclusion I have received the package even though I am not the one who signed for it and it was not delivered to my address.

Now I have no lasers and am now out over $100 cash as well.

I would strongly recommend no one to deal with laser btb unless you don't mind being out your lasers and your cash.

Rifter

Of course they sided with btb. As you said in the OP btb sent it to your correct address. Canada Post is the one to blame. Btb cannot confirm it went to another address. Lets face it people lie all the time so they are not going to take your word for it. For all they know you got someone else to sign for it and got the laser. You have no physical proof this did not happen.

Your issue is with Canada Post and if I recall correctly high powered lasers are no long allowed to be imported.

I wouldnt blame btb. They sent your laser to the correct address.

I did call Canada post, multiple times, they told me package was delivered as addressed(which it obviously wasnt) and if a claim was going to be made on it the sender had to start it. As far as they were concerned if I was the receiver then I had the package.

Also note that I have never seen the package so for all I know it was labelled incorrectly and Canada post did indeed deliver it as it was addressed.

On the canadian tracking. Can you not see where the package was delivered? If the package was labeled incorrectly by laserbtb you should see thatvom the tracking info.

Greetings,,

The above is true. The only thing you can do is ask kevin to understand the situation and make a good deal for another shipment.

But concerning the dispute etc i dont know if he is still up for that.

Greetings,,

Rifter

Thats called passing the buck. Its really Canadian Posts fault not btb. Canadian Post reported it was delivered to the right address. After that its out of btbs hands. You should change the title of this thread. You cant blame them for not taking your word when the package was marked delivered by the post office.

I realize Canada post fucked up(probably, ive never seen package so could have been addressed wrong too).

What you seem to not realize is that since Canada post for whatever reason thinks they delivered it they will not let me start a claim, only the sender.

So what my issue with laser btb is is that he cant take 2 min to pickup a goddamn phone and call Canada post and file a claim, to get his money back, so I can get my money back.

I sent him the phone # for post as well as a webform if he would rather do it that way, I even tried to fill out webform pretend I was him but I need his senders postal account # for the form which I don't have.

So what im trying to warn people about is that laser btb does not care if you get your package, and will not even lift a finger to help you deal with any shipping errors. that come up.

If you are ok with that then good for you. I am not ok with that and I think most people would expect better service than none at all when errors occur.

Rifter

On the canadian tracking. Can you not see where the package was delivered? If the package was labeled incorrectly by laserbtb you should see thatvom the tracking info.

Greetings,,

For international packages it only lists delivery postal code and signature. That's how I know it was delivered near me but not the exact address.

Rifter

The above is true. The only thing you can do is ask kevin to understand the situation and make a good deal for another shipment.

But concerning the dispute etc i dont know if he is still up for that.

Greetings,,

Doesn't matter, spending more money with someone who wont take 2 min out of his day to make a phone call to get me my $100+ back is never going to happen.

Rifter

Buying a laser from low end Chinese drop shippers is always a roll of the dice. I realize you're new and may not know this but you're far from alone. I stick to buying parts from members and building my own. You may save a little money with these Chinese retailers but the service and quality suffer. As you have just learned. Its easy to build laser now. You can buy full modules and put them in a custom host of your desire. For a that little extra money you dont have to wait a month for a sub quality laser that 10,000 other people own.

It could be worst. Customs could have seized your laser and sent you a fine for more money than the laser costs.

Oh I am aware, I have already assembled a survival lasers kit and am waiting on parts for 2 more builds, a 100mw 450nm and a 100mw 520nm, ironically I have ordered all the parts and have the host for the 520nm and the diode/driver for the 450nm lol, still waiting for one diode/driver and one host. I intend to only build lasers myself from here on out.

The only reason I ordered from laser btb in the first place was because they were at the time highly regarded here on the forums. Since then however there have been a few people with issues lately, im not the only one having issues with them.

DragonLasers. Got my package in 8 days. Perfect condition and good price for a reseller of CNI

I agree with Chronic though. Build your own or have someone build you one. My favorite lasers are all custom ones.

Last edited: