Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser beam defect

Noncasltu

hello. I faced problem with microchip laser. I used 1 cm nd yag laser crystal with passive cryag modulator. End pump configuration was used for experiment. I'm getting laser beam, which have extra intensity on the side of the beam ( in picture its marked as a red circle). Why such thing is happening? Could it be that pump diameter is much bigger than a stable mode in laser crystal? Thanks!

Attachments

• marked.png
    marked.png
    346.4 KB · Views: 29

Except for not trailing off as fast as you would like, it looks to have a very Gaussian beam. Why is this small thing a problem for you?

Noncasltu

Except for not trailing off as fast as you would like, it looks to have a very Gaussian beam. Why is this small thing a problem for you?
Well, it doesn't look ok for me, and i would like it to be exact as gaussian beam. But i'm not sure why its happening like that. Does any one know why its happening? Or know literature where i could find information...

I've seen this kind of problem with RF carriers on a spectrum analyzer, sometimes it's really there, sometimes it's the filtering in the analyzer which is too wide. However, with an optical sensor like you are using, I don't believe they have resolution bandwidth filter adjustments.