Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser beacon ?

TARDIS

i am looking to buy a green or purple thick powerful laser beacon that has a thick beam so when I shine it at the sky when I'm camping I can point out the stars and such, or use it as a signal to be rescued. is something like this exist? I saw one about 5 years ago when I was on a camping trip in the forest. now at 21 years old I wanna have one for myself. budget of 500 to 600 dollars but prefer about 350

Lifetime17

Hi,
520nm green will be the way to go if you need to get noticed in case of an emergency . 500/700mW is fine for that and you can get higher power up to 1.4W focusable . I built a few for a couple camper customers in the past. I would stay away from the 405nm violet spectrum due to not being very bright at all.
Rich:)

AquaticHarpy

Get a green array and send it!!!

I could build you a mildly thick red beacon if that interests you, A deep blue could be managed with a projector array, it just depends on what you really want as so much is possible