Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laptops restore

This is what i was working on restoring some old laptops parts all over the place :whistle:
I also used chemicals like peroxide 40% to restore the color to original and some other!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

More pics, All laptops work and reinstalled new
Ms-Dos
Windows 3.1
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows Me
---

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Alien, that's quite a collection you have there! :D

I'm really glad that you mentioned using chemicals to clean and restore the color, otherwise pic #2 would have me worried! :eek:

I hope you had a few extra parts laying around when you were done, because you're always supposed to have parts leftover when you repair things. :crackup:

I was going to say you need to get organized better, Alien. But, I see in the end you got it all cleaned up. I hate working on the floor myself. Put in a small work bench a few years ago to avoid having to do that. Looks like you got some nice looking refurb laptops now.

More pics, All laptops work and reinstalled new
Ms-Dos
Windows 3.1
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows Me
---

Doesn't look like you were working on Windows, looks more like you were working on Floor.

:crackup:

I know what you want for Christmas, a big eight foot long three+ foot deep wooden work bench.

GSS

I know what you want for Christmas, a big eight foot long three+ foot deep wooden work bench.
In all his pic's, whether if it's lasers, spiders, etc, he's always on the floor. Even his vidoes's.
He just has to be more comfy that way:undecided:, if he's showings a couple $1000's worth of stuff i'm pretty sure he can afford a table:thinking:

Last edited:
Might be a sociological thing. I find it much more comfortable to work sitting at my bench. People in other countries might do many things on the floor that I would not.

Benm

Hehe, when you run out of bench/table space the floor is what's left to work on :D

Just wondering about the whole peroxide thing to restore color: does that actually work?

Plastic that used to be white going yellow/brown on older electronics is very common, espcially with stuff from the 80s or 90s (or older). As far as i understood this is caused by bromine based fire retardants in the plastic itself, and doesn't really come off.

Things like remnants of cigarette smoke (smoking in offices was common until at least the mid 90s here) do come off with some detergent and scrubbing, but that old-plastic colour doesn't just rub off. Does peroxide somehow bleach that back to original white, and if so, does it make the material more brittle or something like that?

GSS

Might be a sociological thing. I find it much more comfortable to work sitting at my bench. People in other countries might do many things on the floor that I would not.
If i'm correct Alien is from Germany? Could be for sure a sociological thing but thinking it's just more comfy for him..Again though there is lots of space I see with no furnishings.
I am curious though:whistle:
Just have to wait for him to chime in. Maby a yoga thing:bowdown:
The last time I was limber enough to play on the floor, was probably when I was 5!

haha yes i like to work on the floor i do have a work table but its in the closet i don't use it at all, about the furniture i don't have much in this room because its just my laser room :D
yes am from Germany but i live in US and EU have some property in EU and US
So the peroxide works it just restores the color to white and its clean i take peroxide and wrap the plastic wrap and let it sit on sunlight,

-Bunker Building idea-
Soon am planing in summer or fall to have contractors build an underground bunker its bin going on almost for some time how to build it, It will be around 0.30 acres away from the house with 2 rooms and a hallway,
for my computers or call it ( Secret Research Facility )
i will install 2 sliding glass doors using finger print readers with ID cards, and outside the will be a tiny shed with 2 cameras for entrance and a lift up bottom also using finger print readers am planing to install from 40 to 80/ 7W lasers inside the base hallway or right before the computer glass door just in case someone brakes in,1 room will have i9 desktop computers, it will be a small room,the other room will have like 8 monitors keyboards and so on,
i live on a private property only 4 houses are on the road am in the back and no neighbors are close and in the back is most forest we own most of the property,
this bunker project was going on for a white ware to build it and the cost on getting the electric from the house is the problem to the bunker we had electricians come out and measure it it will require around 14,000 sq.ft of electric cable
with is very expensive $$, the other suggestion was to use solar panel but may not deliver power to run everything!
what do many thing about the laser security system its it a good idea or not !!:thinking:

Last edited:
That's a joke, right? A bunch of 7 watt lasers will only get you sued if anyone ever did break in as they are a significant eye hazard and you can't use dangerous items to secure your property. It reminds me of a store owner who had a rash of burglaries and wired his ceiling with 220 AC where he had break ins in the past. Someone broke in that way and was killed. The store owner went to prison.

Benm

So the peroxide works it just restores the color to white and its clean i take peroxide and wrap the plastic wrap and let it sit on sunlight,:

Interesting to know.

Could be useful for vintage items that have color faded where the color doesnt come off using solvents and such.

haha ok i guess no laser's because i will add a fence around the bunker, even if someone broke in the small shed the could never find the entrance to go underground :whistle:
i actuality did find out that i can use a electric fence the sell electric fence's most farms use it also ,
and then add another door using finger print reader to turn it off :D

Last edited:
Hey Alien , you'd be much better off just building a Faraday Cage around the house.
They can get in to the bunker easily.
They can't get in through a Faraday Cage.

:crackup: