Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laptop For Sale

Sorry in advance if selling non laser-related items is prohibited.

I'm selling my HP Pavilion dv6119us laptop with power cord if anyone here wants a crack at it. It's in usable condition(or you can just harvest parts from it), but the inverter is failing, so the backlight fades often. The inverter is really cheap, but I was already getting another laptop so I didn't buy another one.

Due to HP screwing up with info about a recall on certain batteries, my battery doesn't work. I kept the non working batery in case you want to switch out the cells in it(costs about $40 to do, but is cheaper than paying $200 for a new battery). It has an 80GB had drive with a 10.1GB recovery partion. I already wiped the hard drive to free up space. It came with 1GB of ram, but I upgraded it to 1.5GB. I'll throw in a 512MB, a 1GB ram stick, and a new XFX-ATI RADEON HD 4350 1GB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card as well. I'm hoping I can get at least $200 for it to replace a stolen item.

Attachments

• DSC04692.JPG
    DSC04692.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC04695.JPG
    DSC04695.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:

rhd

Normally, you'd have people replying telling you that you need to post photos, with your forum name and the date in them.

In this case, I'm just going to suggest that this is probably an item better suited for eBay.

Given your really low post count, lack of rep, the price tag, and the non-working status of this computer, I'm not sure that you'll really see much interest here. Whereas on eBay, there are people buying and refurbishing computers left right and centre.

Last edited:
Normally, you'd have people replying telling you that you need to post photos, with your forum name and the date in them.

In this case, I'm just going to suggest that this is probably an item better suited for eBay.

Given your really low post count, lack of rep, the price tag, and the non-working status of this computer, I'm not sure that you'll really see much interest here. Whereas on eBay, there are people buying and refurbishing computers left right and centre.

Every time I try Ebay or Craigslist, I get scammers from Nigeria. The laptop does have a few problems but it is usable. I'll be able to post some pics after I get my printer set up so I can transfer pictures to my new laptop.

ped

Set the "countries you post to" to the US? and block bidders outside the US.

The scammers always use an american name and address to contact me with, then when it comes time to ship, they tell me to ship to Lagos or another part of Nigeria. Like that doesn't raise a red flag or anything.

Every time I try Ebay or Craigslist, I get scammers from Nigeria. The laptop does have a few problems but it is usable. I'll be able to post some pics after I get my printer set up so I can transfer pictures to my new laptop.

Should have a go at 419 Eater - The largest scambaiting community on the planet!. Tonnes of fun wasting their time and making them look like dumbasses :eg:

On topic, this seems like a good deal for someone who needs the parts. Good luck :beer:

Are you kidding me? eBay is almost off-limits to scammers, unlike craigslist and such. If you really want to prevent yourself from getting fraud buyers, follow the 6 most important steps below:

1. Offer shipping within the US only to get better communication from buyer and more speedier postal times.
2. Only ship to buyers with confirmed/verified PayPal addresses.
3. Check the buyer's feedback score/comments to see whether they are really legit. If a user is a member since a couple of weeks or days it is possible that they are not who they seem.
4. Get their contact details both from their PayPal and eBay accounts and compare if it is the same.
5. NEVER POST TO OTHER ADDRESSES OTHER THAN THE BUYERS PAYPAL ADDRESS!!!
6. ALWAYS post using a signature confirmed post with tracking (remember you are NOT covered by PayPal's seller protection programme if you do not provide proof of purchase. This way, if a buyer refuses to pay, changes shipping address, reverses payment, etc. you are eligible for protection dependant on you NOT selling restricted/prhibited goods, like lasers...hehe

The list goes on and on, there are many ways not to get scammed, especially on eBay. It is the safest public marketplace and the most crowded. You will find more luck selling your laptop on eBay than on LPF.

Regards,
Legion

Last edited:

mfo

I didn't even know they had electricity in Nigeria, let alone the internet.

Well, I tried ebay and met up with yet another Nigerian scammer. No wonder people don't care about the starving children in Africa anymore.

I think in eBay there is an option to only accept bids / purchases from eBayers with X amount of feedback.