Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

L.D. O.C. in a Dorcy Jr.

Can you use a L.D. O.C. mounted in an AIXIZ module, with a full body Dark_Horse heatsink, & use the stock driver that came with the Dorcy to drive the diode ? If so, what types of problems could occur ? Thanks for any & all help ;)

i purchased that exact setup from a builder..... the dorcy driver did "0K", but it was designed to drive an LED, not a much more sensitive LD.  When Kenom told me i needed to disable the dorcy driver and install a flexdrive, i did...... and HOLY CRAP!  It is now putting out more than double the mW and really burns and lights "un-sharpied" matches very easily.  Also... I can turn off every street light on my block!   ;)

Ted

Edit: I purchased the full length Heatsink from DH, myself...... Highly recommend!! It is an awesome heatsink! I also sent the laser to Kenom for LPM testing. He tested it to be 270mW... which i turned the pot up a bit more, i would approximate ~ 300mW now. :eek: :cool: