Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

KTP Crystal Size vs 1064nm Power Input.

Hi Alaskan and others,

I see that this thread is for people who have a lot of experience in doing DPSS, so I have a noob question but which may fit in the subject.

Me never done anything with DPSS.
But in ali I have seen many water or even chiller cooled 1064nm YAG modules for mark machines up to crazy powers (and 1W modules cost only half this price).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Las.../1556040544.html?spm=2114.01010208.8.4.dSSaTh

Could it be possible to add to these a separate block (resonator) for doubling or tripling frequences and have a green or UV laser with "exchangeable heads". Maybe these pieces exist amd some of you have them? Not talking now of prices, size or KTP growing equpment needed - could such a monster be mounted on a normal (big) optical lab table?

Last edited:

I am new to this stuff too, have not actually built a DPSS yet. From what I have seen the crystals need to be cut at a different angle for SHG or THG, or to double or triple the wavelength. I believe optics are used to switch in or out the different crystals, usually an LBO crystal for high power ND:YAG.

You must be responding to someone else, every day of the week is the same for me here in Iraq.

Oh, I heard a troll came in here posting stuff, left a link to a gif with a neg to me, but I'm not opening it.

Think the post H2O responded to was deleted. Pretty sure I know what it was.

I dunno what is going on but last night I saw few AlienLaser's replies which didn't make any sense for that thread. Some one is playing with us, very funny..

..meh

The more this stuff goes on, the more clues I have to who is behind it.

Let's see, I posed a photo comparison in the vets section, and a comment to a senior members profile with a plus rep, probably one or the other provoked this guy. When I think about it, if CrazyJay AKA VisualGreen and a few other names here, often with avatars showing fights with laser beams, or sitting in the middle of a bunch of beams missing him, if he is trying to troll me, it is because I got under his skin, the more he targets me specifically, the more satisfaction I have that I have miffed him in some way or another, feeding a troll his own medicine :O

Saying this and having him read it is like putting a phaser on overload, he can't handle it. Will burn out his troll neurons because with all of his hate he has, it will just build more, but being unable to reach out and troll me to release it will cause a feed back loop in his head so strong an explosion will result.

You must be responding to someone else, every day of the week is the same for me here in Iraq.

Yup, I was just responding to a troll. Probably shouldn't do that, but if I can make him feel bad about wasting his life then maybe he'll do something with it. :)

Any more if a troll targets me specifically I know it is because I miffed him off which makes me smile :)