Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Krypton 1 watt green laser.

Hello everyone my name is Will and I am going to be doing a review of Wickedlasers Krypton 1 watt green laser. Remember this is my first review so go easy on me also for those that are wondering this laser is not a review unit I bought this laser with my own money. I have had this laser for couple months so this review is a little late. I am going to this review by telling you what I will be talking about and then under I will give a number rating of that section. The numbers will be 1-10 10 being the best.

Shipping and Service
I bought this laser on 9/9/11 and it arrived on 9/19/11. Ten days from China is great expecelly coming from Wickedlasers but when wickedlasers ships out there lasers they ship two packages I don't really know why though. One of the packages was taken by customs and I thought that emailing them would be no use they wouldnt even respond for a month but I emailed them anyways and about 10 minutes later I got an email back telling me that there sorry and imedietly shipped out another package which arrived in 5 days. So even though one of the packages was taken by customs service was great.

The Laser
The lasers host is beautiful and feels very sturdy and heavy which I think is good. The Krypton has a smart switch which allows it to have different modes. The mods are low power, low power strobe, high power, high power strobe, and SOS mode. The laser is very bright and puts out 800mw of 532nm laser light. The laser emits 13mw of IR laser light.
7 only because it is 200mw underspec but the power is still incredable the lasers beam profile is TEM0

Burning
This laser is a great burner it can do all the tricks like light matches, pop balloons, ect. I will update this review with pics and videos later today so this is more like a pre review.

Last edited:

Hello everyone my name is Will and I am going to be doing a review of Wickedlasers Krypton 1 watt green laser. Remember this is my first review so go easy on me also for those that are wondering this laser is not a review unit I bought this laser with my own money. I have had this laser for couple months so this review is a little late. I am going to this review by telling you what I will be talking about and then under I will give a number rating of that section. The numbers will be 1-10 10 being the best.

Shipping and Service
I bought this laser on 9/9/11 and it arrived on 9/19/11. Ten days from China is great expecelly coming from Wickedlasers but when wickedlasers ships out there lasers they ship two packages I don't really know why though. One of the packages was taken by customs and I thought that emailing them would be no use they wouldnt even respond for a month but I emailed them anyways and about 10 minutes later I got an email back telling me that there sorry and imedietly shipped out another package which arrived in 5 days. So even though one of the packages was taken by customs service was great.

The Laser
The lasers host is beautiful and feels very sturdy and heavy which I think is good. The Krypton has a smart switch which allows it to have different modes. The mods are low power, low power strobe, high power, high power strobe, and SOS mode. The laser is very bright and puts out 800mw of 532nm laser light. The laser emits 13mw
7 only because it is 200mw underspec but the power is still incredable the lasers beam profile is TEM0

Burning
This laser is a great burner it can do all the tricks like light matches, pop balloons, ect. I will update this review with pics and videos later today so this is more like a pre review.

Im guessing you meant that as IR? 800mw for that price isn't bad, and the shipping was very fast. Is it just me or is WickedLasers getting a little bit better in service and shipping? I keep hearing people getting good products. Maybe they are trying to come back to the community with better service.

I still don't trust or believe WL... Thar was fast shipping for
one (1) customer... They will need to do that for ALL customers
before I change my mind...

BTW nice review... A few pics of your Laser and power readings
would spruce it up....:beer:

Jerry

joeyss

How are they getting 800mw to a watt of output with NOT that much IR? Why aren't other china sellers selling something like this laser? My theory - look out for 1 watt greens from other places soon.

Is easy.... they charge ~$1000.00 for the Laser and use
an IR filter...

Jerry

joeyss

Yea, but the ones that get 600-800 of green. Are they just handpicked freaks?

I still don't trust or believe WL... Thar was fast shipping for
one (1) customer... They will need to do that for ALL customers
before I change my mind...

BTW nice review... A few pics of your Laser and power readings
would spruce it up....:beer:

Jerry

Your right, for now I would still not order from them. But this isnt the first customer, Ive seen a couple people that have gotten their 1w 532nm within a month and within 800mw. And they said the same thing, that Wicked answered there questions in a timely manner and shipped it fast. There lasers are still overpriced and a little underspec, but they are improving a little bit. At least they are shipping there lasers faster.

Last edited:
Can you post a 5 minute LPM graph?

I'd like to know if your Krypton is super unstable like mine.

My krypton is usually very stable at 800mw. I have done a 2 minutes test before and it stayed above 800mw the hole time but 5 minutes seems a little bit risky.

SRESAL

5 minutes seems a little bit risky.

It's your laser, so you can do whatever you feel comfortable doing... but running it for 5 minutes shouldn't harm it. I think Cyparagon had run one for 20 minutes, and it only reached ~90 degrees.

I also understand that you probably don't want to damage it, just for that.

I think some people find just as much enjoyment in testing those limits, and seeing how it responds. The laser IS advertised as continuous duty cycle... so if anything breaks, they will at least send you out a new one.

Thanks for posting your review :beer:

I'm really interested in seeing the LPM graph...

My krypton is usually very stable at 800mw. I have done a 2 minutes test before and it stayed above 800mw the hole time but 5 minutes seems a little bit risky.

Why should a 5minute run be risky....:thinking:
Unless you don't believe that WL is telling the truth
about "continuous duty cycle"...:whistle:

I'd also like to see a Graph of your Laser for as long
as you feel comfortable to do one...;)

Jerry

ARG

It would seem, from everyone who has one of these that the LPM readings are always super unstable.