Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kony 2012

daguin

As a photographer who's been detained by SWAT in the normal course of my work... yeah, this scares me. There are few things as unnerving as eight assault rifles pointed at you.

@daguin: That's an interesting exercise... I'd never thought to take that idea quite so literally. I'll have to do this tomorrow during lunch or something.

Trevor

After you get your lines drawn (eye opening in itself) then ask yourself,

"Where did I get those lines?"

Peace,
dave

After you get your lines drawn (eye opening in itself) then ask yourself,

"Where did I get those lines?"

Peace,
dave

It's an interesting exercise, but it's even more eye opening if you consider the person/people in it.

Your friends and relatives?
Coworkers?
Acquaintances?
Strangers you only met once?
Strangers you never met?
Fellow country/state men?
People on the other side of the world you're never likely to interact with physically?

Ultimately we are wired to care more about the people/animals close to us.

daguin

It's an interesting exercise, but it's even more eye opening if you consider the person/people in it.

Your friends and relatives?
Coworkers?
Acquaintances?
Strangers you only met once?
Strangers you never met?
Fellow country/state men?
People on the other side of the world you're never likely to interact with physically?

Ultimately we are wired to care more about the people/animals close to us.

That's the next exercise :whistle:

Peace,
dave

D

Deleted member 22482

Kony 2012 is led by the U.S government as a mantle to invade Uganda for its oil. There is a lot of evidence and they just closed the commenting function of the video because of the fact that people were getting the truth.

daguin

Kony 2012 is led by the U.S government as a mantle to invade Uganda for its oil. There is a lot of evidence and they just closed the commenting function of the video because of the fact that people were getting the truth.

You misunderstand the world oil market

Peace,
dave

thread is too long, didn't read.

I would just like to say that if you look really hard, you can see that it actually says Kony or Coby, and that it is not a real Sony.

But on a more (note: "more" not "completely") serious note, never blindly donate money. Always look at who you are donating to to make sure that they are trustworthy. And don't trust Uncle Sam. He may be our uncle, but he's that weird uncle that nobody likes who always has cheap candy in his pocket and always asks you to sit on his lap and lives in a van down by the river...

thread is too long, didn't read.
But on a more (note: "more" not "completely") serious note, never blindly donate money. Always look at who you are donating to to make sure that they are trustworthy. And don't trust Uncle Sam. He may be our uncle, but he's that weird uncle that nobody likes who always has cheap candy in his pocket and always asks you to sit on his lap and lives in a van down by the river...

Exactly,.. I can't believe so many people are drinking this kool-aid. I though people on this forum were capable of thinking for themselves (not just believing some damn youtube video).

Is it wrong? YES!
Is it current? FUCK NO!

Why hasn't anybody done anything before, this was going on for 20 years? People in industrialized nations are apathetic scum!

This is a blatant psy-ops propaganda piece to get hipsters to promote a war in Africa over a situation that has been largely alleviated before this drivel came out.
People don't care that we are in the middle east killing civilians and children every day, but they see this and they're ready to send us of to war in another country.

THINK PEOPLE!!!! THINK!!!!!
Ugandans say Kony film is 'misleading', 'too late' | News.com.au

sorry, just had to vent... I never expected to see this crap here.

kony+2012.jpg

The Kony 2012 movement is a scam that as already been executed by the U.S. military.
Notice the pic I posted, It shows Kony, worse than Hiltler!
wtf, Hitler killed millions, Kony is the leader of 1 rebal group in Africa, that had some control in 2003, but now he's been on the run and has an army of about 300 people, thats nothing.
It's a distraction from real problems in our own countries!
Since this Kony video went up, the US military has gone into Uganda and set up more bases just like Iraq, and soon to be Iran.

The cause of helping kids in africa is needed and great, but supporting the KONY movement is not going to do anything, Kony is not even a threat since years ago.

The Invisible Chrildren co.
spent 8 million in video, editing and travel, ect.
2 million given to the ugandan army, which also kills inocent people!

Thats what is going to the kids when you buy that kony wall poster, and buttons and other useless shit.
lol thats my 0.02.

Not to say that Kony is not a bad guy but... While it's great that social media has been an effective tool for spreading the word on issues like this why does no one pay attention until stories like this are tweeted by people like Puff Daddy and other hollywood celebrities. It seems more like the " in style" Chic cause of the week and is a little simplistic and condescending where only the west can save these Africans. It is not only Kony that is bad the government is not great there either. There are literally thousands of causes that get ignored by the masses everyday and those that are "trendy" are the only ones that get noticed.

For example, we hear how bad the Taliban is regarding women. But how many people know that Hamid Karzai the democratically elected moderate that is the "hope for Afghanistan" says that women can be beaten by their husbands under certain situations and that they really should not leave the house unless with a man. That could be that they could only go out if they had their 8 year old son with them. Link to story on this below.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/mar/06/hamid-karzai-restricive-code-women-afghanistan

Another thing that has gotten little attention it seems is that the government in the U.S. can now "legally assasinate" American citizens now if they are deemed a threat. The government however needs to provide no evidence of how you are a threat, there is no transparency nor is there a jury to convict you or to weigh evidence. You could argue that the government won't abuse this power, however the U.S. constitution specifically outlaws powers like these to prevent a tyrannical government if it were ever to come to power from using these to do harm. Just an example of a lesser ignored topic. I'm a US citizen as well as Canadian so I'm worried about the loss of civil liberties in the name of security which is happening in the US and also in Canada at an alarming rate and stories like these get far less coverage than Joseph Kony.

so-you-have-watched-a-new-30-minute-video-on-youtube-you-must-be-quite-the-social-activist-thumb.jpg

Last edited: