Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Klingon Disrupter "toy"

I have the "gun" assembled and now have an expander built for it.
As usual for me, I used PVC pipe fittings for the assembly. I got the lenses from Surplus Shed. They are a -17mm PCV and a 53mm PCX which should give me about 3.11 X mag. They are listed as coated but with what ? :whistle:
The lenses are mounted about 44mm apart and seem to pop a balloon at about 20". I set the first adjustment by eye looking through it!
I don't know if I have enough "Jewels" to get the Q switch to function but I do seem to have a beam. This is what the "toy" looks like but I plan to spray the expander silver to match the bezel.

12155-ssy-disrupter3.jpg

OH -- And then I need to adjust the red aiming laser module.

Enjoy the Globule Warming :thinking:
HM

Last edited:

Very nice, I hope you will post photo's or a video showing it in operation :) SurplusShed has a lot of surplus lenses, but unfortunately, I can't find what the AR coatings are for them either, not specified.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Looks good, the disrupter is coming together!
As Alaskan mentioned, some photos when you can, would be great! :yh:

It's hard to get a picture of a 20nS beam with my camera! I'm working to get the expander to "work" at about 4 to 5 feet.

By the way, Just for fun --------------

12156-ssy-disrupter4.jpg

Good night -- HM

Love how it's turning out, Mike. BTW, there's a difference between weather and climate.

Paul --
True -- I haven't decided weather I dislike the climate
or COLD here this winter!
HM

ru124t

OMG how did I miss this thread ?????????????????? I love this stuff! Your disruptor kinda looks like the 1970ish phaser from Namco I believe but is cool just the same!! Anyways, keep up the good work! I built this phaser. https://laserpointerforums.com/f45/green-star-trek-ghetto-phaser-build-95089.html I also built a thick beam stage laser into another phaser which is a way cool effect at night. The beam is green and comes out about 3/4" thick. I am not real technical on these things and just modify to take 2 aa batteries.

ru12----
The Phaser is a collectable "toy" which I kinda messed up with a 1.25W blue laser.
It still makes that sound as installed. The whole front end is new because I melted the
old nozzle.

The other one was represented as a Klingon unit and was a POS as I got it. It now has an SSY-1 ND-Yag laser including a 1,000 VDC power supply and trigger circuit. It makes no sound that I can hear. It has about 25 J of bad ESR capacitors built in with room to add maybe another 10 J if warranted.

These are really two different lasers!

HM

ru124t

Omg , as I said, I just love this stuff, next project , to build a laser powered sonic screwdriver!!!!!!!!

It has been a long time on this SSY-1 project. I had it working in that small space
and then broke the flash tube moving the heavy anode wire. I am working with a
company which may be able to provide me with a new tube(s) ? That SSY is a great
little laser and there are no flash tubes currently available. Photoflash don't work.
HM