Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kipkay is giving away 445nm Spyders.

He is getting use out of it.
Wanna know how ?

Putting the WL advertisement thing aside, there is some Youtube program which , when you join, you get payed per view.

There is some good explanation of the thing in one of videos from creators of "Is it a good idea to Microwave this" a.k.a "Let's Microwave..." , they explained how they get money from views by youtube.

Kippy here is no different. Everytime you watch a Kipkays video, you donate few cents to him from somebody else's pocket.
The money doesn't really come from video views, nearly all of the money from the YouTube partnership/revenue sharing program comes from clicks on the advertisements. So just watching his videos doesn't really pay him. View count is very related to the total pay though. Most people get around $2.50 for every 1000 views, but this can very a lot.

So at that rate (rough estimate), he's made over $2000 from this clip alone since posting this video a few days ago. This is probably a little generous because viral videos usually don't get as high of cash per view than ones with less views.

Anyway, from a business aspect, he's doing something right!

I'm pretty sure he started with MetaCafe. They used to pay $5 per 1000 views which was really cool. After watching some of his and Rog8811's I started pumping out videos on MetaCafe, and after they went down the tubes I switched to YouTube like KipKay did.

Benm

"Galaxy" lens: Probably 16x16 = 256 indvidual dots = AVEARGE 3.51 mW per dot. Class 3A Semi-SAFE

Don't count averages here! I reckon the brightest beams/dots from that grating are well beyond 5 mW each. That would put at least some of the resulting beams into 3B/R, making this device unsafe to unprotected exposure.

StyroPyro, thanks for clarification here, I didn't knew how stuff works but I knew he's not doing it for free.

My first contact with his videos actually was on MetaCafe, where he earned a total of like, quarter million dollars there IIRC.

Benm, I already pointed that out :beer:

That's insane! Well good businessman, but bad laserist. If someone underage wounds themself with one of his 445's he'll be paying some of that dough to you know who. :)

My first contact with his videos actually was on MetaCafe, where he earned a total of like, quarter million dollars there IIRC.

Dave91

Ye I agree he knows what he's doing business wise, but it's utterly insane to possibly award a 13 year old with a 1W laser. Hell, if I had this when I was 13 I would have totally done so much damage (burning stuff not wearing goggles cause its not cool not to see the beam, pointing at people just toying around or to annoy them and for them to see how cool I was cause I had an awesome laser, etc ) and thats exactly what most of those kids will do if they get it. I sure hope no one gets hurt with this "smart business move" of Kipkay.

yeah... I did NOT get to watch it:banned:

I was finally able to watch the video today, Whoa! Good review, almost 1.5 million viewers, good idea to promote his videos, bad idea allowing 13 year-olds to participate.

Even if he had said from 18 and older, how can he verify certainly international ages?

Last edited:
I sent a message to Kipkay telling him why giving these away to 13 year olds is a bad idea and how he should raise the age requirement to 18. This is his reply.

"Relax. There is no reason to get all worked up over this giveaway.

I HAVE NEVER given any laser device to anyone under 21 year of age and don't plan on starting now. Unfortunately many parents don't take seriously the fact that they need to be responsible for the actions of their children. For that reason and others, you will not see this laser going into the hands of anyone under 21."

Oh, so the random generator he claims to use filters out below 21yr olds he offered to win?
I'd like to see the code bit for that filter..lmao
I'd seen references in the past to copying vids to metacafe being illegal.
The original poster gets the $. hmmmmmmm

Wonder if you posted that reply in his comments section how all his fans would react? :evil:

Kipkay is just lying. He probably gives out 1mw red lasers to every baby he sees and then tries to impress the mothers with his condom hacks.