Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just ordered one of these

Low-Q

405nm Laser Module Housing with Glass Lens Knurl adjust - eBay (item 120446438807 end time Jul-17-09 03:59:26 PDT)

I just ordered one of these new modules with ar coated glass lense for blue/violet. It says there is only a 8% loss\92% efficiency. The seller also has Nichia 6x diodes for $65.00. The diodes are new and have never been in a sled.

Hope this helps somebody

Thanks, Skylight

Seems like a great deal to me. I guess JayRob is not the only guy who's selling the 405-G-1 in a module :) I wonder what the difference is though between the two?:thinking:

Does somebody know who's that "lasers4u"? I contacted the seller twice (with a few weeks in between) some time ago to ask for international shipping, and the XXX never responded...

EDIT: typo.

Last edited:

cust11

Seems like a great deal to me. I guess JayRob is not the only guy who's selling the 405-G-1 in a module :) I wonder what the difference is though between the two?:thinking:

IIRC jayrob and Larry's lens's are 97% efficient. As for the coatings I am not sure how much variation there can be for a 405nm spectrum.

-Mike

Low-Q

Does somebody know who's that "lasers4u"? I contacted the seller twice (with a few weeks in between) some time ago to ask for international shipping, and the XXX never responded...

EDIT: typo.
Sometimes ebay-sellers got hundereds of e-mails regarding popular items. It's normal that you sometimes don't get an answer. Try again, and it helps to show great interests for the item - some sellers have a "interest-filter" in their brain :D :D

Vidar

HIMNL9

i also used "ask seller a question" link, 3 times for different items, in the past, and never got a single reply.

Perhaps it's an abitude, for lasers4u :p

I've on many occasions contacted sellers, some certainly a lot bigger than lasers4u (not just on ebay). I always got responses, except here. If he can't even manage to respond to mails, what's the chance he forgets he received payment from someone...?

Well, maybe a more reliable person here on LPF does a GB one day. I certainly won't even think about ordering without even knowing the shipping cost in advance.

When i purchased the item it was free shipping. It looks as though all of there items were free to ship. i was notified by e-mail within two hours that a shipping label was requested. It is also being shipped from the USA.

I am assuming that them rating their lense as being 92% efficient may be under rating it a bit to be conservative. I have not done a lot of research on it but it almost seems to be the same lense. I like the fact that it is cheaper. If i remember correctly the ones provided by Jay Rob and Larry were around $56.00 plus S&H and maybe just for the lense and not the complete module. I will be curious to see if the lense assembly fits any of the other housings.

Thanks, Skylight

HIMNL9

If i remember correctly, Larry is selling for 60 $ the lens in the housing tube he made, that can be put in an aixiz module, not the module complete ..... and, i think, like 30 or 31 $ the bare lens.

Not sure, i think i had found a thread in blu ray or somewhere, but i'm unable to found it again (as usual, when you want to look again something, you never found it back, LOL)