Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just Ordered O-Like New Style Waterproof Red Laser 200mW

HiLuckyB;

The Aixiz lens assembly will look similar to the one to the left...

except it will be black. Diameter is 9 mm.

LarryDFW

Ok, Ill try to see. Im going to do a small review when it gets here.

themandalorian;

I would have to challenge your battery statement.

IMO, I think Sanyo makes the best rechargable ...

and most of the remote control (RC) racers would also agree.

LarryDFW

I do like enloop's but i know you said AW is cheap chinese, however there are some great reviews on LPF about them.

7 dollars for a sanyo doesn't sound bad though when an AW is 15, protected sounds so much nicer and will not have me worried though

Yeah, the AW cells are definitely quality cells, even if they are made in China.

But, I ordered this laser just a couple of days ago, and asked Susie if you can fit protected cells in the laser, since they're a bit longer than unprotected, and she said they might be too long to fit...

So if the unprotected cells are the only option, then those Sanyo cells are probably the best option.

Definately, that will suck if they're too long :( Maybe cut down the spring a bit? God I'm so hyped up about this laser.

Well looking at my tracking # I should have it by Wednesday it looks like :D

Emc2

Definately, that will suck if they're too long :( Maybe cut down the spring a bit? God I'm so hyped up about this laser.

Well if you have the new style 200mW red (CR2) battery laser those cells are not protected, so it really makes no difference. No need to hack the spring to make it shorter, that won't help to fit a longer battery.

Emc2

Well looking at my tracking # I should have it by Wednesday it looks like :D

That is cool dude, I have not been sent a tracking number yet but i am sure it has been sent. I have never gotten a tracking number from Suzie. So I doubt I will this time.

-T

Well if you have the new style 200mW red (CR2) battery laser those cells are not protected, so it really makes no difference.

It's a bit different to have two unprotected li-ion cells in serial, than just having one cell. The chance of a short-circuit is a lot greater for once.

I really don't understand why the manufacturers don't make the lasers to fit protected cells. Especially when a lot of people who buy the lasers in the first place, aren't really aware of the dangers of li-ion cells. It's not like the lasers aren't dangerous enough as they are.

I just ordered a safe chemistry LiMN cell, just to see if that fits in the laser. It should be the same size as unprotected li-ion cells, since they're not protected either. They're safer cause they just leak or melt when shorted or overcharged, instead of catching on fire. They're also safe to use in serial.

Emc2

Cool. My order shipped from China today or yesterday their time. 7-12 days I'll share it.

-T

Here's some pics, Charging up the battery right now :) I took some pics of it next to my Jayrob Pocket Mini Blu-ray :D

DSC03793.jpg

DSC03795.jpg

DSC03796.jpg

DSC03797.jpg

DSC03785.jpg

DSC03786.jpg

DSC03789.jpg

DSC03792.jpg

DSC03790.jpg

Mexawy

Greet Laser HiLuckyB
ist good focus and burn ?
I will order 1 now
but can you upload a small video on youtube ?
thanks