Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just not enough power...

I have an X105. It is amazing. Visible in daylight, indoors with lights on, and burns everything. However, I recently realized... I want more power. 200mW or more. Preferably green. AND portable. So I would like opinions on lasers like the Laserglow Aries 175-225. I doubt I would go with an RPL simply because I don't like the fact that it uses 18650 Li-ion batteries and I think the Aries looks better.
I wont be able to get it soon but info would be nice.
I cant find ANY reviews on the Aries. I have already checked the specs on their site but I would like to see results from people who own them.

Things I would like to know:
Duty cycle
Divergence
Power
Battery life

im sorry but u not liking the rpl simply because of the batteries is hardly an excuse.
incase u didnt know, the batteries rechargeable - charger included.
just buy a spare battery if ur worried about not finding them locally- that 1 battery should last u a very long time.
really theres only the rpl and aries/hercules thats a proven success over the 200mw+ range. of course, u can gamble on the crossfire but i wont recommend that.
owning an rpl i can say u wont be dissapointed by any means, but if u think laserglows a better bet then thats ur call - good luck and do let us know what u bought. :)

Unless he sold it, i'm pretty sure Timelord has an Aries 175, or 225 I can't remember. Search through the video section and you might be able to find some vids of it.

Hi
I can tell you (as a happy owner of the RPL-325) you WILL NOT be disappointed with one if you were to purchase it. They are definetly worth the money. I describe it to my friends as the size of a regular flashlight. I purchased the extra battery so it is always ready when I want to use it (which is daily). Now that I look back on all the various lasers I have bought over the past 6 months, I should have not wasted the money on the cheaper ones and just gone with the RPL from the beginning. You just can't beat the price & power.

JimC1128