Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just had to post this ...

You got it finished, nice. Any videos forthcoming from this one? :eg:

Just finished rebuilding my laser scanner with 1W 445, 500mW 532 and 350mW 640nm Laser-Wave lasers, and got this pic :)

DSCF2465.jpg

Cheers,
Dan

That's one of my favorite QS abstracts..

Your running pretty much exactly what I'm running in my RGB right now.. mine needs more red pretty bad, but I'm the only one who notices so I've been dragging my feet with it. The white's a tiny bit on the blue side in mine, but I don't mind much. Looking good!!

However, the beams NEVER reach the audience at these powers, so there is very little risk. Scanning the audience is just asking for trouble. Some people do it, but you have to complete a heap of safety checks before you do, to prevent blinding people, so it's easier not to.

Very true.. Here in the US it's got a lot to do with that, but also a lot to do with the fact that most of us don't want to deal with lawsuits. Even if the show is done safely, in our legal system it would be no problem for a litigant to claim that their eyes were injured.. and finding a doctor to back it up (even if it's not true) is no problem if you've got a little cash to throw their way. Best not to even tempt fate IMO..

Last edited:

Things

That's one of my favorite QS abstracts..

Your running pretty much exactly what I'm running in my RGB right now.. mine needs more red pretty bad, but I'm the only one who notices so I've been dragging my feet with it. The white's a tiny bit on the blue side in mine, but I don't mind much. Looking good!!

Very true.. Here in the US it's got a lot to do with that, but also a lot to do with the fact that most of us don't want to deal with lawsuits. Even if the show is done safely, in our legal system it would be no problem for a litigant to claim that their eyes were injured.. and finding a doctor to back it up (even if it's not true) is no problem if you've got a little cash to throw their way. Best not to even tempt fate IMO..

You'd never know what some patterns look like until you do a long exposure of them, like this one for example.

And yeah, here in Australia, audience scanning is all basic common sense stuff, as there are no laws regarding it. Even so, if you're going to, you would still take all the safety precautions. Only takes 1 person to complain the lasers have effected their vision (Even if they haven't), and you're done for.