Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just got my DX200!!!!

After playing around with my DX30. I decided to buy the 200. After waiting 3 months, its here!

It takes like 2 seconds to burn electrical tape. And it took me like 1 full min to pop a balloon. I couldnt light a match or cigarette. But I know it can burn or "heat" up your skin and melt trash bags.

Is my laser faulty or is that just how it is. What else can I do with it? Thanks!

First Post!!! ;)

put black mark with a marker on balloon same with the match, black absorbs heat better thus faster lighting time

Did you color the items you tried to burn black? IF you did, your laser is probably around 40mW.

you get what you pay for 122 bucks usually gets you around a 50 mW cni
type some 200 dx work great some don't you are gambling with dx
about 1 in evey five i get from them have issues but for the price its a deal

IgorT

Only one in five has issues? You are way more lucky than me. I got two and both were defective. I returned both and asked the staff to test the replacements before shipping them, so Rain tested six to send me the best one, but for the other one they sent a replacement when he wasn't there, so again, i have no idea what i'll receive.

He said i can contact him if there are any issues, and that if i buy more, he is giving me a free one. (mostly for some info i gave them)

At the very least, DX has great customer service! Something i can't say for KD.

Oh and Sil3nt:
Does the laser come on bright but dim immediately? Or does it mode hop? Any of these could explain your problems. That, or you're doing something wrong. Because even tho the two of mine were mode hopping, they were very powerfull when they didn't.

You can check for mode hopping by shining the laser through a magnifying glass. You should only see one big round spot. If you see two or more, or a weird shape, it is mode hopping.

What distance are you trying to burn stuff from? Don't do it from less than 2 inches, but too far away, the beam becomes too wide for it to do anything.

Also, the spot on the wall should be blindingly bright if it works the way it's supposed to.

I also have one 200 mw from DX, it is very cheap, no IR filter, good power but terrible body.