Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just bought my first REAL laser---- Advice lol

Helios

Chinglish, or a typo? Just curious where you're from, buddy? We don't take too kindly to SPAMMERS around here. You better watch yourself. Don't wanna be :banned: now, do we? :crackup:

Replace "have" with "can" and it reads perfectly clearly. As far as me being a spammer this actual post (#1000) makes me an official veteran member....so I think not. :na:

@Mo13: Helios is an incredible reputable member of this forum. And you can see, he's from Minnesota. Was a typo :p

:beer:

EDIT:
I know, I was just joking around. Apparently it was a fail-joke. :/

I missed this post haha its all good

Last edited:
Yeah :p Sorry I sorta jumped on you like that - I just love the people who help out on LPF so much!

Mo13

As far as me being a spammer this actual post (#1000) makes me an official veteran member....so I think not. :na:

Congratulations, man! I remember being excited for 100, lol.

Yeah :p Sorry I sorta jumped on you like that - I just love the people who help out on LPF so much!

Hey, man, it's all good. He's helped me out a lot in a few of my own threads. :beer:

Alright so now its been 7 full days since i ordered this product from o-like and it hasnt shipped.... What should i do? there killing me here i sent them a messege saying "I would like to follow up on order #//// and make sure everything is okay. When might it be shipped out?" and all i got back from them was "Thank you"

^^^Unfortunately there isn't really anything that you can do. With china you have to be patient. I understand your frustration though, on my last order I paid for express shipping, and they also took almost a week to ship - 6 days total.

Only real option, if it hasn't shipped yet, is you might be able to cancel the order.

Im going to give them 1-2 more days. I know im impatient but jeez all i want is my laser! Ok ill be patient. Ill follow the good old kentucky tradtion and blow up random stuff with firecrackers to kill time...

Helios

If its coming from china expect to wait a month. Sometimes you will get a surprise and it show up in 2 weeks but usually its a month at least.

yzer

Best mail service I've had from ROC is the basic air rate. If the vendor ships quickly I get it in two weeks. Slower vendors are like a month. Depends on how good their mail room is.

Yea I was going to buy this soon but I'm tired of having to focus it every time.bu if its really worth it I might buy another focusing one. Any advice on non focusing ones at the same price and power. A little off topic but not gonna go start my own thread for it.

^^^Uhm, so you bought a focusable laser and are tired of focusing it?

Use something to add tension to the focusing mechanism. Depending on the laser a loop or two of teflon tape will work, or a spring, or a even a small rubber band. Just be creative.

If you really don't want a laser to be focusable anymore, set it to what what you like and a drop or two of super glue will turn any focusable laser into a fixed focus laser;)

IMHO getting a red laser that doesn't focus is kind of strange/pointless. Unless you go into higher power ranges like 300mW+ red beams are very hard to see (even at 300mW still hard to see) so the main appeal is burning. Without the ability to focus, the burning capabilities of a red laser will be very greatly diminished, making it kind of pointless.

When we refer to focusing a laser to infinity, we mean that you set the focus so the dot is the smallest at a theoretical "infinite" distance - i.e. we set it so that the ray of light is the most parallel it can be. It's the best way to get beamshots. If you noticed, when you focus it up close, it will get really big far away. You need to do the reverse.

xD

i know what collimation and focusing is...i study physics and i just fired up "my" passively q-switched Nd:Yag :D

what i meant is, he refers, focus to small point (aka focusing) and then says "or infinity", which ISNT getting it to a small point...because he refers both as "burning like a beast", which id say would only happen in the small point case...collimation with 200mW would maybe pop a baloon...maybe light a black match...not sure as i never owned such power...

just wanted to straighten up concepts, in case they were mistaken, instead of jumping to conclusions right in the first comment and so thats why i posed a question first :)

yeah i have a 150 mw blu ray that focuses and i lost the spring.but ill try teflon tape thx