Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just an idea

daguin

el-taco said:
I need them to be[highlight] <1mW[/highlight]

I have found a supplier which is cheap, good looking (the laser, that is) and seems to be following all of my requests. I'm fairly confident that I will purchase from this person

I'd forgotten that. Our legal limit is <5mW

Peace,
dave

Step 1: Collect underpants
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit

LOL

Sorry if you don't get that.

Anyhoo, I along with other people want to see a good source of hosts. Whether it's pen like housings or barrel or Romisen stuff like that. After all this is a forum that helps with DIY lasers. If you wanna sell completed units to noobs that don't know any better you'll be competing with Wicked Lasers and Dragonlasers and sites like that. WL sells crap but it's gilded crap. ;)

You should sell hosts for one thing (good ones). Personally I hate hosts that make my laser look like a flash light. Oooh sell heatsinks too. Buy them in bulk from the guys on this forum. I think the key is selling everything in one place. If you sell host+heatsink+driver=profit. :D I hate having to buy the housing form him and the module from her and the battery from them and the IR filter from those guys....
You know what I mean.

Oh yeah and as to the legality issue it's illegal to sell completed lasers >5mW (IIIb) and advertise them as "pointers". They never said anything about modules or diodes tho. I smell a loophole. ;)

Good luck tho!!! ;D ;D ;D

-Tex

Xplorer877 said:
Step 1: Collect underpants
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit

LOL

Sorry if you don't get that.

Anyhoo, I along with other people want to see a good source of hosts. Whether it's pen like housings or barrel or Romisen stuff like that. After all this is a forum that helps with DIY lasers. If you wanna sell completed units to noobs that don't know any better you'll be competing with Wicked Lasers and Dragonlasers and sites like that. WL sells crap but it's gilded crap. ;)

You should sell hosts for one thing (good ones). Personally I hate hosts that make my laser look like a flash light. Oooh sell heatsinks too. Buy them in bulk from the guys on this forum. I think the key is selling everything in one place. If you sell host+heatsink+driver=profit. :D I hate having to buy the housing form him and the module from her and the battery from them and the IR filter from those guys....
You know what I mean.

Oh yeah and as to the legality issue it's illegal to sell completed lasers >5mW (IIIb) and advertise them as "pointers". They never said anything about modules or diodes tho. I smell a loophole. ;)

Good luck tho!!! ;D ;D ;D

-Tex

Are you talking about the US or Australia?

I think in Australia its only illegal to import them. I think its illegal to have them in NSW only though.

The site I wanted to make was more completed pen lasers. However, I would happily sell members of the forum's products for no extra charge on my site (except maybe shipping).

I dont really want it to be a DIY/in the know sort of site, I want it to be a general consumer site.

I was talking about the USA. If you import lasers that aren't FDA approved and don't have an accession number you may hear some noise from the FDA. But it's probably rare. I'm all for a reliable site that sells good pen lasers. If you build them yourself you could also try building Blu-ray pen lasers. There is a high demand for those. ;)

Switch

The bad news is that the world of buisness isn't nowhere nearly as kind as this forum.You have to be a bastard in order to succeed.That's why WL is having it so good. :(