Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jokes thread!

PqBbvKV.gif

ambr

There was a doctor, a priest and an engineer playing golf.

Ahead of them there were some people playing very bad and very slow, and they had to wait.

The priest asked the caddy "Who are those guys?"

The caddy said "Many years ago there was a fire in the main office of the golf club, and these men saved the lifes of many others. Unfortunately they got blind due to the smoke, and the golf club awarded them with a lifetime membership"

The priest said "That´s awful, I´ll say a prayer for them"

The doctor said "I´ll see if one of my colleagues can help them recover their sights"

The engineer said "WHY DON´T THEY PLAY AT NIGHT???"

@ InfinitusEquitas
Is there nothing left that would be considered inappropriate to joke about?
People loosing their lives !!!
I find it highly offensive that these would even be considered remotely funny.

Seriously.....

Last edited:
I don't believe any subject should be entirely off limits. People die everyday, and humor is one way to both remember those we lost, and move past a tragedy. Nor is there anything intrinsically offensive about the use of vibrators. That said, I do understand why you would find it offensive, and so my post is now deleted.

GVjgzGC.gif

I don't believe any subject should be entirely off limits. People die everyday, and humor is one way to both remember those we lost, and move past a tragedy. Nor is there anything intrinsically offensive about the use of vibrators. That said, I do understand why you would find it offensive, and so my post is now deleted.

GVjgzGC.gif

IDK, I think if you made a joke about people who lost their lives on 9/11 just months after the fact, it might not be well received.

I don't believe any subject should be entirely off limits. People die everyday, and humor is one way to both remember those we lost, and move past a tragedy. That said, I do understand why you would find it offensive, and so my post is now deleted.

I appreciate that you deleted your post but I can't agree that 'any subject' is laughable, even if a lot of time has passed, (just like Paul said about 9/11).
I'm from Greek descent but I still can't laugh at jokes about the crematoria ovens at Auschwitz, at Dachau etc.
My Grandfather hid a Jewish tailor in his roof in Greece at great danger to himself and his family.
They survived the German occupation but very nearly got caught.
And so as the Jewish people say, "Whoever destroys a soul, it is considered as if he destroyed an entire world. And whoever saves a life, it is considered as if he saved an entire world."

Laugh at anything if you want, but just remember you are destroying someone else's soul in the process..

Anyway, thank you for deleting it.

RB

Last edited:
So a joke that you disagree with is me destroying a soul? I am sorry for you because you must have a very fragile soul if it so easily threatened.

Btw, I'm Jewish. My grandparents fled Germany and Kiev to escape persecution, and I have personally experienced racism and antisemitism, and have a scar on my face as a memento of it. I have talked with a few survivors years ago as well. You know that the last woman I met said? One of the things at least, that stuck. Try to find joy everywhere you can in life.

owPVrh2.jpg

Last edited:
Nor is there anything intrinsically offensive about the use of vibrators.
Oh no you don't.... you're not going to sit there and try and redeem 'some' legitimacy and respectability from out of your post by casting aspersions that infer that we simply got offended at the sight of a vibrator... no, no.
You were laughing at the mass murder of certain human beings because you yourself are insecure and find it easier to laugh at the people that this happened to.

So a joke that you disagree with is me destroying a soul? I am sorry for you because you must have a very fragile soul if it so easily threatened.
No, wrong again.
It's a joke that you find funny and by doing so you're destroying your own soul.
And no, I'm not easily threatened, in fact I think this is probably the first time I've posted in this thread, even though I read through it from time to time.

Btw, I'm Jewish.
Yes, I knew.

My grandparents fled Germany and Kiev to escape persecution,
and I have personally experienced racism and antisemitism, and have a scar on my face as a memento of it.
I have talked with a few survivors years ago as well.
You know that the last woman I met said? One of the things at least, that stuck.
Try to find joy everywhere you can in life.
Yes, the holocaust touched every family, a tragedy beyond belief.
I have visited Yad Vashem twice in my life.
The joy I walked away with was that the beast did not succeed in destroying God's people.

But I defy anyone, including you, to walk away from Yad Vashem laughing at what happened back then.....

Do you see the difference between 'joy' and 'cheap crude humour' ?
It is beneath you not to be able to differentiate between joy and cheap crude humour I think.

RB

If you want to discuss this further, I'm happy to do so, but this is not the thread for that. And get off your high horse. It was a joke. You didn't like it? Move on.

It's a joke that you find funny and by doing so you're destroying your own soul.

tzX8Fhk.gif

Wow, you're taking the phase "I'm going to hell for laughing at this" a little too literally. Warning against ie's soul is like me threatening to punch your aura, or warning you Santa won't bring you any presents.

Let other people have fun. You can find more reasonable things to get mad about.

If you want to discuss this further, I'm happy to do so, but this is not the thread for that.
Agreed, this is not the thread to continue a discussion like this.

Wow, you're taking the phase "I'm going to hell for laughing at this" a little too literally.
Let other people have fun. You can find more reasonable things to get mad about.

You know that it isn't as simple as that, saying "I'm going to hell for laughing at this" is over simplifying what I was trying to point out.

Well Cyp and Infinitus, I have respect for both of you (and our other members) here on LPF, contrary to what you may think of me, I don't get offended easily, I may express my opinion but I don't hold grudges.

And I do have a sense of humour so I'll try and contribute to the jokes thread, not by saying a joke but by quoting 'Archie Bunker' from "All in the family".
I was a little too young to have watched the episodes on TV when growing up but I do remember them being on TV.
Here's a clip of Archie delivering a Eulogy at his mate 'Strecth Cummingham's' funeral.
("a priest said to a Rabbi..."). :crackup: