Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

join c0ldshadow's free fantasy football league!!

I signed up.

I've honest-to-goodness never played Fantasy Football, so we'll see how this goes.

I'm still reading...but we draft individual defensive players instead of team defenses?

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
thx for the join

yeah im a big fan of defensive players. i think they need as much credit as offense, also takes more strategy overall =)

later on man
peace
-ave

Pilgor

Too bad I don't know squat about football or I would have joined. I think you do a hockey one also for the hockey fans on here, that would be awesome.

thx for the join

yeah im a big fan of defensive players. i think they need as much credit as offense, also takes more strategy overall =)

later on man
peace
-ave

Yeah, everything online just picks assuming team defenses, it'll certainly make things more interesting, especially draft planning. I just realized what time the draft is though, hopefully I can still do it at that time on a Friday.:thinking:

Too bad I don't know squat about football or I would have joined. I think you do a hockey one also for the hockey fans on here, that would be awesome.

TBH, non-fans often win just as much as true fans.

One of ESPN's writers, Bill Simmons, does a weekly column where he picks every NFL game, every week, against the spread (not pure win-loss, but against the betting spread). His job is writing for ESPN, so he follows sports CONSTANTLY, and puts real knowledge and effort into his picks.

The last 2 years, as a joke, he has had his wife pick the same games as him. She knows nothing about football, and based her picks on things like uniform color, mascot preference, and cities she likes.

She has beaten him both times so far, one year by something like 10 games out of >100. The same is true with NCAA tourney pools, the amateurs often win. So go nuts, have some fun, and you might win anyway.

TBH, non-fans often win just as much as true fans.

One of ESPN's writers, Bill Simmons, does a weekly column where he picks every NFL game, every week, against the spread (not pure win-loss, but against the betting spread). His job is writing for ESPN, so he follows sports CONSTANTLY, and puts real knowledge and effort into his picks.

The last 2 years, as a joke, he has had his wife pick the same games as him. She knows nothing about football, and based her picks on things like uniform color, mascot preference, and cities she likes.

She has beaten him both times so far, one year by something like 10 games out of >100. The same is true with NCAA tourney pools, the amateurs often win. So go nuts, have some fun, and you might win anyway.

And see? I just proved my own point. My first time in a fantasy league ever, and I won the weekend in cold's league. Barely, but I won it.

But now I have some decisions to make for next week.