Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jnrpop - Beams 2 ( 475, 488, 495, 505, 510, 520, 532)

jnrpop

Hi everyone,

Just got the camera setup, so decided to pull out a few wavelengths and post a few comparison shots. My camera tonight picked up the 475 a much deeper blue than it appears to my eye, but between the wavelengths you can grasp the difference :beer:
You can clearly see which diodes have the box reflection too. The PLT5-488 indeed is box free :crackup:
All lasers using G2's

Here's a link to my previous comparison shoot:
https://laserpointerforums.com/f48/...532-445-450-470-475-a-101303.html#post1489888

J

475 (Sharp)
attachment.php

488 (Osram PLT5-488)
attachment.php

495 (Sharp)
attachment.php

505 (Sharp)
attachment.php

510 (Sharp)
attachment.php

520 (Osram)
attachment.php

532 (DPSS)
attachment.php

Attachments

• 475.JPG
    475.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 488.JPG
    488.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 495.JPG
    495.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 505.JPG
    505.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 510.JPG
    510.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 520.JPG
    520.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 532.JPG
    532.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Those are some very good comparison shots, seeing them close together in the thumbnails helps you see the variations even easier!

Thanks for sharing these. :yh:
:gj: and :kewlpics:

Those are great beam shots. I wish the camera could show the true difference between a 493-495nm diode and the 488nm diode. To my eyes they are very different, the 495nm being blue/green and the 488nm being light blue with no green in it. You would think that because they are so close together in wavelength that the difference could only be seen if the two were side by side. But, they are very different and you don't need to see them together to understand that.

Hella jelly! That is a nice collection you have and a really nice color comparison for us. It makes me wish there were more in-between colors.

I was putting my 488nm into the host I got from Rich today, but I think the tiny space inside is causing the driver to overheat and it starts to strobe then shuts down. If I pull the thing apart it works fine. I will either have to find a way for it to get air or put it in a different host. Man I love that pure blue color. Not a trace of green in it at all.

jnrpop

awesome pics,colors look amazing and very close to how those photons looks like to our eyes

you got nice and rare diodes in your collection :beer:

Thanks, yes abit of a collection now :) The color of the 475 is to my eyes alot softer "sky blue" in person and compared to my 450nm, but my camera picked up the color differentiation preyty good between these WL's :beer:

Very, VERY nice! I always love the comparison shots.

PS Welcome to the PLT5-488 club :)

Cheers Z, its a tiny club atm but im very happy to have the welcome :beer:

Thanks for the pics, I’d rep you if I could

Appreciate the gesture :beer:

good job-thank you so much

My pleasure, for the community :gh:

I was putting my 488nm into the host I got from Rich today, but I think the tiny space inside is causing the driver to overheat and it starts to strobe then shuts down. If I pull the thing apart it works fine. I will either have to find a way for it to get air or put it in a different host. Man I love that pure blue color. Not a trace of green in it at all.

Flexdrive? they have thermal shutdown so chances are its the problem, but all my drivers run inside a 12mm ali backhalf with no air flow, so couldn't be that much of a size difference to yours and most builds :thinking:

J

pico drive is hot-you can use new pico or nano bruck

Nope. Nano Boost drive set to 275 mA. It was only happening when the EDC was put together. If it is apart, it works fine and has no issues at all. I'll get it figured out this weekend. I need to finish an RGB controller and finish measuring the last five 490nm diodes for wavelength. It only took me a few minutes to throw my 488nm build together, so it didn't take much time. :thinking:

jnrpop

Nope. Nano Boost drive set to 275 mA. It was only happening when the EDC was put together. If it is apart, it works fine and has no issues at all. I'll get it figured out this weekend. I need to finish an RGB controller and finish measuring the last five 490nm diodes for wavelength. It only took me a few minutes to throw my 488nm build together, so it didn't take much time. :thinking:

Heres hoping you get a few more <490nm diode in the next 5 :beer:
yes, it almost takes longer to setup the camera, take photos, convert the items and post a build thread, than actually building the laser :crackup: :D
Man i love the 488 wl, 475 for me is the perfect blue, but 488......its just the unicorn wl :drool:

Last edited: