Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers shipping/Pl-E Pro 532nm 800mw and beam expander

I am so excited about about this order. With shipping, I sent Jetlasers $809. dollars for this new Pl-E Pro, and the 10x beam expander. I've only told a couple people how much I spent. My dad and my wife. Both of them were shocked. hahaha Of course they have no idea what a laser of this quallity goes for. I personally think it's a fair deal for what I'll be getting!

I really just feel like this was pretty much the best there is in the online laser buying possibility. I already own an Equality 532nm 600mw laser from them. I know how amazing the quality was on that one, and I also know how good my customer service was with Gray. The Equality was ordered on the 15th, Jetlasers emailed me that it was shipped on the 17th, then DHL said they received the package from Jetlasers on the 23rd. After that, it was just a few days before it got here.

This time though, it's been 7 days, and Jetlasers hasn't sent me an email saying they have shipped it yet. I think it's waaaay too early for concern, but I am just chomping at the bit to get this thing! I'm sure any of you know the feeling of anticipation that I'm feeling. I don't want to be one of those customers who keeps nagging on them about when something will ship, so I'm just going to wait a while I think.

Has anyone else ordered from Jetlasers, and had it take a week or more before they shipped an item?

Encap

It can take a week or so if a unit has to be built and tested for it to ship if not already n the shelf. 800mW is not a common always on the shelf unit and requires the best technitions to fine tune and tweak a stable steady 800mW--it is bit f an art to do.
The 800mW units commonly hit more than 1W at peak s they always settle to 800mW or more.

Email Gray and ask if it has shipped and if not when it will ship.

Gabe

Encap's probably right, it's not really an off the shelf unit. Could be unforeseen issues for them though, I had to wait a while before they sent it out, but only because a hurricane was passing through there. Or is it a typhoon for them? I dunno.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
As you already know, shipping time from J/L is usually extremely quick, but as Encap noted, it may take a week or so for one of those big boys to be built.
Most all of my orders from J/L have been like your Equality laser experience, but one time I did experience a three week delay in shipping, all due to me ordering at the beginning of China's week long holiday, that's a no-no.
My order sat for over a week, and was sent back to J/L, and had to be re-shipped again. None of these delays were due to J/L though.

Here's a list of Chinese holidays for 2016, some of the New Years holidays may have delayed your order a little bit also. They have more holidays than work days!

Be sure and share some photos of your new toy, when you receive it!

Last edited:
I sent them this message.

"Hello, I am so excited to get these products that I ordered. I do not want to rush you. I'm not being impatient. I am just so excited about getting them. It's ok if it takes this much time to get the items shipped out. I am just curious though, if you have a very rough estimate on when the laser and beam expander will ship to me? Like I said, it's fine with me if it takes longer than the last time I ordered from you, but I am just curious. I hope this message doesn't annoy you guys. I don't mean for it to be like that."

They will see the message while I'm sleeping tonight, and usually reply, and I see it the next morning. They've always been so good at replying to my messages. Most of the time it was Gray, but the last time I talked to them, it was Carol. She seems really nice too.

Like I said in the message, I really don't want them to feel like I'm pushing them. If it takes who knows how long for them to get it built, and perfected, I don't mind. I don't want them skipping steps, or skimping on quality because they felt like I was rushing them!

Btw, I'm really grateful to you guys too. I always feel that if I have a question, that I can come to this forum and talk about it. You guys are great!

Bowtieguy, I just read your message while I was typing my last comment. I will definitely be posting pics here once it comes. I'll include the Equality that I already have too. My problem with posting pics so far has been that it HAS to be 600x800. No matter how I tried resizing my pics, they were a little off. Some would come out a 603x800 for example, and the forum wouldn't allow it to post. I got really frustrated, and just gave up. lol

Gabe

Bowtieguy, I just read your message while I was typing my last comment. I will definitely be posting pics here once it comes. I'll include the Equality that I already have too. My problem with posting pics so far has been that it HAS to be 600x800. No matter how I tried resizing my pics, they were a little off. Some would come out a 603x800 for example, and the forum wouldn't allow it to post. I got really frustrated, and just gave up. lol

That's not usual... what image host are you using? You can post any size to the forums directly, without attaching it as a thumbnail. 800x600 is a recommended size, because it doesn't blow the page up and make the words tiny. I use photobucket, very easy to use. And if you're not on mobile like me, it's easy to resize photos too.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Like Gabe says, try a site like Photobucket, that is also who I use. You should be able load a pic of any size, although as previously mentioned, 800 is the max. suggested width.

Last edited:
Ok cool. I've never used photobucket, but I'm good at figuring stuff like that out, so I'll use that when I post pics.